The 2024 Motorsports Thread

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The Miami track sucks so hard.

I will watch, but no massive enthusiasm at the front, just hopefully the racing for the low end of the points is good.

It'd be alreet for go-karts! 

Yep, I think the midfield scraps are probably where it's at tonight, but on this track I could see yellow or even red flags playing a part. I'd love to know what the drivers think about it. I'm thinking 2 or even 3 DRS trains and formation racing as MV disappears into the distance. Shame there's not more MotoGP but as @Gaspode reminded me, that's now Liberty's too, so perhaps I should be careful what I wish for. Ah well, long weekend, so it's not all bad...

Drs trains....the most tedious development in F1 which formed after bringing in drs because cars couldn't overtake......

There's British superbikes at Olton Park, apparently that's on a channel called dmax now, I lost track of who had bsb a few years ago and assumed it was on a subscription channel but caught a bit whilst channel hopping earlier. There'll be racing tomorrow.

Gt challenge Europe has been at brands hatch today, but walked my parents dogs instead.

13 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think my other shout outs need to go to Tsnuoda and Ocon for getting important points for their teams.

But today it's all about Lando, thanking his mum dad and granny.

Chuffed for Zak Brown too. He's one of the game's genuinely good guys and it's great to see the orange car back at the front of the pack.

9 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Chuffed for Zak Brown too. He's one of the game's genuinely good guys and it's great to see the orange car back at the front of the pack.

I really like Zak, he's revampped Mclaren and he's got that "that's how I like to imgine Americans" vibe to him.

Well done Lando, let's hope that he can challenge for more wins and that other teams are closing the gap to Red Bull and this result wasn't down to track specific.🤞

Some of the world's most insanely dangerous motorbike racing is live on Thursday and Saturday this week from Norther Ireland in the Northwest 200

https://www.northwest200.org/practice-race-schedule/

MotoGP this is not, but spectaculer it is. Unlike the IOM TT these are grid start races rather than against the clock, but given the long straight roads slipstreaming is crucial. It's been gradually slowed down by a few cicaines being added but remains not for the faint hearted.