January- An opportunity to be in the race for the automatics

January an opportunity to be in the race for the automatics? I'd argue we are already in that race. 4th place, level on points and GD with Posh, 2 points behind Bolton who have a game in hand so that could be 5, 4 behind Pompey but we have a game in hand so that could be down to 1 point. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

A disappointing result against Lincoln, but you simply cannot win every game. However, we've now had our January draw, which means we have to win the final two games of the month, away at Reading and then at home to Cheltenham, not to lose ground. 

Mm. Thought that seeing as Lincoln hadn't won at home in 8, Cheltenham have agent Curtis and reading are disaffected, we had a great chance for 9 points.

7 would still be ok, but margins for error are small.

As soon as someone said that the next handfull of games should be easy i knew we'd throw it away 😆 i hope we can get promoted as derby have always been in championship since iv supported them so iv only known disappointment in the play offs 

On 20/01/2024 at 20:58, Van der MoodHoover said:

Mm. Thought that seeing as Lincoln hadn't won at home in 8, Cheltenham have agent Curtis and reading are disaffected, we had a great chance for 9 points.

7 would still be ok, but margins for error are small.

Van der Predicto is taking his (crystal) ball home in a sulk.

4 points max available now from what looked like such a momentum building set of fixtures. That's not playoff form.

Injuries starting to pile up as well just as the window closes so we can't do anything about it which adds to the frustration.

On 24/01/2024 at 08:12, Carnero said:

3 x blocks of 6 games left.

13 points needed per 6 games now, just to get us to 92 points and in with a chance of autos.

Going to be tough.

Yes, quite a challenge. Perhaps need closer to 95 pts for autos, if Bolton and P'boro don't slip up. Our current injury situation not helpful, but a couple of astute signings before the window closes would help. Fine margins.  

14 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes, quite a challenge. Perhaps need closer to 95 pts for autos, if Bolton and P'boro don't slip up. Our current injury situation not helpful, but a couple of astute signings before the window closes would help. Fine margins.  

We had to work long and hard to get to 2 ppg this season, only reaching that mark just before Christmas I think.

To put 18 games at slightly higher than that will be a heck of an ask in our current state.

On 26/01/2024 at 23:08, Van der MoodHoover said:

We had to work long and hard to get to 2 ppg this season, only reaching that mark just before Christmas I think.

To put 18 games at slightly higher than that will be a heck of an ask in our current state.

Yes, perhaps too much of an ask, considering recent performances.