Aston Villa

Day

On 09/12/2023 at 19:34, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Remember when we played Franks favourite up top.

image.thumb.png.8e7a0b9a5b0e4cd7637198074fe9b1f2.png

Oooo… another chance for me to express the hill I will die on!

The midfield diamond was the problem not Bennett starting up front. Plus, Waghorn was barely fit.

10 minutes ago, cannable said:

The midfield diamond was the problem not Bennett starting up front. Plus, Waghorn was barely fit.

Regardless of system or personnel, I think we could have played Villa 10 times and we’d probably only have won once - likely on penalties.

They were largely superior all over. We gave them a scare last 15 minutes but it was too little, too late.

On the other hand, if West Brom had beaten Villa on penalties, in my mind we would have been favorites in the final as I thought they were poor on both occasions we beat them.

And I’m sure Villa were delighted we beat Leeds.

40 minutes ago, cannable said:

Feel free to stay on your own hill regarding a midfield diamond though won't you.  Anyone with eyes could see that Mings could have gone out on the piss  till 3 am, had a curry, then stayed up till midday arriving just in time to get his kit on before going on the pitch and Bennett would still have given him no problems.  On the day he was absolute b*******.  Think someone else must have mentioned Waghorn, try another hill.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Regardless of system or personnel, I think we could have played Villa 10 times and we’d probably only have won once - likely on penalties.

They were largely superior all over. We gave them a scare last 15 minutes but it was too little, too late.

On the other hand, if West Brom had beaten Villa on penalties, in my mind we would have been favorites in the final as I thought they were poor on both occasions we beat them.

And I’m sure Villa were delighted we beat Leeds.

We lost because of Kelle Roos. Horrendous gifted goal cost us. Villa were never a threat.

38 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

We lost because of Kelle Roos. Horrendous gifted goal cost us. Villa were never a threat.

And neither were Derby until about 75 minutes in.

Before Kelle’s mistake, we were 1-0 down with Villa looking so comfortable. That goal gave them the cushion, but the game was already getting away from us.