Palestine

Alph

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I really do not thinks someone who does laughter emojis about 1,400 Jews being murdered, raped and mutilated is in any position to lecture anyone about what is or isn't anti-semitic. 

As you well know, I was laughing at your risible post. A puerile deflection I'm afraid. Why not try addressing my post?

And for the record, literally the only poster who has chosen to issue sermons, is you. Repeatedly.

Edited by Comrade 86

31 minutes ago, Highgate said:

So the US vetoed the UN resolution that called for a pause in the fighting to allow humanitarian assistance into Gaza.  They don't even try to look impartial do they?  

I had hoped that they may be using their enormous influence in Israel to urge as much restraint as possible...but I can't see any evidence of that yet. 

I know I'm just repeating another poster, @Eddie I think, but the UN is completely broken and toothless until the veto system is abolished. 

Are these war mongering imperialist empire building racists ever going to be stopped. 

Sleepy Joe? 

Genocide Joe

39 minutes ago, Highgate said:

So the US vetoed the UN resolution that called for a pause in the fighting to allow humanitarian assistance into Gaza.  They don't even try to look impartial do they?  

I had hoped that they may be using their enormous influence in Israel to urge as much restraint as possible...but I can't see any evidence of that yet. 

I know I'm just repeating another poster, @Eddie I think, but the UN is completely broken and toothless until the veto system is abolished. 

2 years ago there was a vote to abolish the veto rule, The USA vetoed the veto vote 😁

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Are these war mongering imperialist empire building racists ever going to be stopped. 

Sleepy Joe? 

Genocide Joe

Yeah, that's quite incriminating!  It's amazing how much bipartisan support Israel has always had in the US and even among the general population. It's been wavering somewhat in recent years but it's still at a remarkable level. The US record of supporting Israel at the UN, often against the wishes of the vast majority of members, has probably only served to prolong the conflict in my opinion.  When the most powerful country in the world has clearly sided with the occupier rather than the occupied, what chance have the Palestinians really had.

Unfortunately some have turned to Hamas for solutions and that just leads to more violence, suffering and conflict for everyone involved.  

12 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

As you well know, I was laughing at your risible post. A puerile deflection I'm afraid. Why not try addressing my post?

And for the record, literally the only poster who has chosen to issue sermons, is you. Repeatedly.

Why should I address any of your posts if your only answer is a laughing emoji?  And you have the gall to accuse me of being puerile? 

Child actor filmed by Sky cameras. 

The UN lying about the situation in Gaza. It's so peaceful there. The Zionists are absolutely doing the right thing here. The Jews around the world condemning the genocide are also paid actors. 

Amnesty International are in on it too. 

Justice for The Occupiers!!! 

Screenshot_2023-10-21-17-39-50-83_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

22 hours ago, Highgate said:

On 19/10/2023 at 15:08, PistoldPete said:

The IHRA definition says it’s ok to criticise Israel but no more than any other country for similar acts.

I get the theory behind this, but it doesn't and can never work in practice.  To demonstrate this here are three tweets from Rachel Riley on Oct 15th:

An estimated 1.3million Uyghur Muslims are currently in concentrations camps in China in the first genocide the UK has recognised while it is happening.

Why does no one care?

Iran killed 5000 protesters in just one month last year.

Where is the global solidarity?

It is over 12 years since the conflict in Syria began. The conflict has killed more than 350,000 people and caused the displacement of half the Syrian population. Chemical weapons have also been deployed.

Where are the protests?

Presumably these were in response to the pro-Palestinian rallies held last weekend.  What are we to take from this spectacular whataboutery?  Is she hinting that the protestors or the UK in general are anti-Semitic based on the IHRA definition?

I'm pretty sure the UK has seen in the past protests about China, Syria and Iran.  The whole reason for protest is to demand change.  Syria and Iran are already under strict sanctions.  The UK government has criticised China over its treatment of Muslims.  What more is the UK supposed to do?  Further protests in the UK are just going to be ignored by the leaders/dictators of those countries, it would be pointless.

On the other hand Israel is a democracy and supposedly an allie of the UK.  What Israel does reflects on the UK, especially when our Prime Minister says things like "we hope you win".  Taking to the streets to support Palestine is far more relevant in this present time and with our relationship with Israel.  The fact that Israel is a democracy that receives billions in weapons aid should mean it comes under greater scrutiny.

Also, people have different connections with different countries/areas.  If your family comes from Palestine or you have friends from there then you will obviously be more engaged with the issues surrounding that small region.

The IHRA definition is a nonsense.  A bit like claiming an octopus is anti-Semitic.

Edited by DerbysLane

1 hour ago, DerbysLane said:

I get the theory behind this, but it doesn't and can never work in practice.  To demonstrate this here are three tweets from Rachel Riley on Oct 15th:

Presumably these were in response to the pro-Palestinian rallies held last weekend.  What are we to take from this spectacular whataboutery?  Is she hinting that the protestors or the UK in general are anti-Semitic based on the IHRA definition?

I'm pretty sure the UK has seen in the past protests about China, Syria and Iran.  The whole reason for protest is to demand change.  Syria and Iran are already under strict sanctions.  The UK government has criticised China over its treatment of Muslims.  What more is the UK supposed to do?  Further protests in the UK are just going to be ignored by the leaders/dictators of those countries, it would be pointless.

On the other hand Israel is a democracy and supposedly an allie of the UK.  What Israel does reflects on the UK, especially when our Prime Minister says things like "we hope you win".  Taking to the streets to support Palestine is far more relevant in this present time and with our relationship with Israel.  The fact that Israel is a democracy that receives billions in weapons aid should mean it comes under greater scrutiny.

Also, people have different connections with different countries/areas.  If your family comes from Palestine or you have friends from there then you will obviously be more engaged with the issues surrounding that small region.

The IHRA definition is a nonsense.  A bit like claiming an octopus is anti-Semitic.

Was she equally annoyed when people started caring about Ukraine? 

Is this the same Rachel Riley that said the "woke" arguments about JK Rowling were really about anti-Semitism?

You know who I feel sorry for? 

Mason Greenwood. People have treated him like dirt since he assaulted his girlfriend. His name has been dragged through the courts. He's lost his job. He's a victim of constant jeers. I think it's because he's mixed race. Plenty of women get assaulted by their boyfriends but nobody cares then. 

I'm fed up of victims playing victims. It's about time we considered the feelings of the abuser. 

Hamas target military and civilians and kill them, they are terrorists

Israeli authorities target Hamas and civilians and kill them, they are defending themselves

Hamas is responsible for every civilian Israel is forced to kill

Israeli civilians are innocent victims

Gaza civilians are not innocent victims

How is my indoctrination going?

Edited by ramit

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Just leaving this here.

What is he trying to achieve with those illuminated vans?  Or the people who put up posters with the faces of kidnapped Israelis?  Do they think there is a network of Hamas leaders in London that will suddenly have sympathy and order the return of the hostages?  Or is this a not very subtle attempt to show support for the actions of Israel and put pressure on the UK government to continue its support of the Israel military?

The police obviously think it could be seen as the latter and have done the correct thing in stopping it driving in the direction of protestors who support Palestine.  I really don't see the problem.

Does the guy in the video think it would be okay for somebody to wave a Palestinian flag outside a synagogue?

11 minutes ago, DerbysLane said:

What is he trying to achieve with those illuminated vans?  Or the people who put up posters with the faces of kidnapped Israelis?  Do they think there is a network of Hamas leaders in London that will suddenly have sympathy and order the return of the hostages?  Or is this a not very subtle attempt to show support for the actions of Israel and put pressure on the UK government to continue its support of the Israel military?

The police obviously think it could be seen as the latter and have done the correct thing in stopping it driving in the direction of protestors who support Palestine.  I really don't see the problem.

Does the guy in the video think it would be okay for somebody to wave a Palestinian flag outside a synagogue?

If Palestine supporters had billboards lit up with something similar, the same would happen to them.

As you say, difficult to understand what these billboards are trying to do. Perhaps he is protesting against the Israsli governement, suggesting that continually bombing the place where hostages are being held is rather dangerous?

How, how, how the hell does a country that's illegally occupying land and bombing one of the most densely populated civilian populations in the world after blockading them.... how does this nation manage to make themselves victims. 

It's insane. Absolutely insane.