Dreams

Stive Pesley

Love there are other lucid dreamers on here. And I love my cinematic dreams, often alien invasions or hiding out in different epochs in time, being pursued by baddies. And sometimes they last for years, so it's very disconcerting when I wake up. But perhaps my favourite dreams are playing football for Derby or England (the only teams my dream self turns out for). Everything I do works out exactly as intended - it's beautiful. I've scored many a hattrick for both.

Who's to say it's any less real than our waking lives? Perhaps I'm a brilliant Derby footballer who's currently dreaming I'm a fan on a forum?

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Love there are other lucid dreamers on here. And I love my cinematic dreams, often alien invasions or hiding out in different epochs in time, being pursued by baddies. And sometimes they last for years, so it's very disconcerting when I wake up. But perhaps my favourite dreams are playing football for Derby or England (the only teams my dream self turns out for). Everything I do works out exactly as intended - it's beautiful. I've scored many a hattrick for both.

Who's to say it's any less real than our waking lives? Perhaps I'm a brilliant Derby footballer who's currently dreaming I'm a fan on a forum?

I had a dream last night that I was being attacked by a vampire that turned into a killer tomato. First time and hopefully the last. Almost as scary as seeing Kevin Francis come on as a winger in 1990.

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Love dreams….,,I hate them not sure what has happened but since I have retired it’s gone mad. 
I cannot believe how bad it’s got I wake up with a headache mostly about stress related incidents at work sometimes more than twenty years ago.

I think it must be down to my subconscious not accepting I have retired hopefully it settle down after a few months 

8 hours ago, cstand said:

Love dreams….,,I hate them not sure what has happened but since I have retired it’s gone mad. 
I cannot believe how bad it’s got I wake up with a headache mostly about stress related incidents at work sometimes more than twenty years ago.

I think it must be down to my subconscious not accepting I have retired hopefully it settle down after a few months 

Study lucid dreaming, it has great benefits, you turn from victim to controller.  Tell yourself and believe that dream world is your domain, you are in control there, turn to face your chaser, it will submit.

7 minutes ago, ramit said:

Study lucid dreaming, it has great benefits, you turn from victim to controller.  Tell yourself and believe that dream world is your domain, you are in control there, turn to face your chaser, it will submit.

Thanks for the advice will read up on the subject. 

Edited by cstand

26 minutes ago, cstand said:

Eek that sounds a bit grim. Hope you can get back to having good ones. Being worried about having disquieting dreams must be as stressful as having a house that doesn't feel like your home and you don't want to return to. As @ramitsays, it is possible to learn to sometimes control your dreams, and it may help.

9 hours ago, ramit said:

Some dreams are prophetic, you may not believe that, but in my locale it is a fact, we call those bare dreams.

Around thirty years ago I had a dream, a very precise clear dream, one of those more real than real dreams, if you catch my meaning.  I won't recount it here, but I dreamed of my wife and of my son many years before they became a reality for me.

Don't discount the super realistic dream, there is more to this reality and your destiny than your senses can acquire in the waking state.

I had a dream myself and some other rock fans were having a 'group hug' and cheering with the AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young. The next day, mate call me to say Mal had passed away. Just an example.

9 hours ago, cstand said:

Now I am retired I keep having nightmares about having to attend work.
Even working at home on a laptop sends shivers down my spine.

I also keep having nightmares about young people being brainwashed at university they will never retire until they are in their eighties.

I work from home as freelance and still have dreams about my old office jobs. In one office dream, two co workers asked me for something and I started to feel stressed. I said "Hang on, this is a dream isn't it?" They laughed and said Yes. Dreams are weird!

I often have vivid dreams which sometimes end up with me in claustrophobic situations and I wake at 4am in a panic. 

I have to stay awake for 30 mins to get my head into something else. I always feel shattered the next day.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, ramit said:

Don't know what is going on with my dreams lately, maybe it's new medication I have to take.  Dreamed I was the president of the USA no less and I liked to hang out with Trump.

Help

If you ask someone in Yorkshire which part of a cow he is they’ll tell you t’rump.