Jake Rooney

Poynton ram

7 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

It’s hard to judge him on 12 low-key games . I would say he’s not one of our top 5 defenders , but he is only young and has plenty of time to prove himself . Anyone who has ever been on a hospital trolly will have sympathy for him . 

I meant he was probably the pick of our defenders in those games...but at the time, pre-Nyambe...he was defo in our top 5 defenders.

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

I'm sure there's a saying somewhere to do with stones and glasshouses...  😉

Swap the Netherlands for Spain and with you on that... I do, however, love going back for a long weekend.

On the subject of education, there's always a space following a comma and other punctuation. Also "its", when it's an abbreviation of "it is" should have an apostrophe between the t and the s. 

Off topic, there's a Northern Soul All Dayer at the Venue, Abbey Street, Derby from 16:00 on Sunday, August 25th, through to 01:00 on Monday, August 26th and I'll be flying over to do a couple of sets. It would be great to put faces to names

Derby Dayer.jpg

Thinking of going to Blue note after the Boro game 4pm to 10 pm is about my lot nowadays. 😀

Met a great Derby lad in the street in Llandudno who went to Northern soul weekender there because I was wearing my Derby top.

Don’t think I can make 25/08/24 unless I can persuade the OH to go but will try.

Good luck with your set.

image.thumb.png.5cf71d3bc09605953b224d71d1474a0c.png

5 hours ago, On the Ram Page said:

Not that I wish to communicate with you but it is not a spelling mistake but the use of the wrong word because of predictive text, unlike your grammatical errors. Prove your not insensitive then by withdrawing your previous crass remarks about Rooney.

No

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Had his scan, and the injury isn’t quite as bad as initially feared, I’m told. Out for 8-10 weeks rather than 4 months.

Made up with this. Really feared for the worst initially, so counter-intuitive as it sounds, 8-10 weeks feels like a huge result for all concerned. Fingers crossed the lad gets a decent run at things for the foreseeable. I still have loads of faith if he does.