BELPER TAPAS TRAIL 8TH AND 9th SEPTEMBER

sage

I'm organising Belper Tapas Trail on Friday 8th and Saturday 9th September.

Between 8 and 10 pubs will be serving Tapas dishes costing between £1 and £3 to have with your pint or glass of wine.

Some of the pubs include Angels, Arkwrights, Belper House and the Railway, so some good beer knocking around too.

Themes so far include Indian, Greek, Spanish and Pizza.

I will have a full list and times by the end of the weekend.

Here is the Facebook page if you thinking of coming. Please share it so we can get as many people there as possible.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/315307714215853

I'm not making any food or indeed money I'm just organising something new to the community. 

Sounds a good idea to me.  Would have been tempted if it were not for the fact we'll be 900 miles away... rather close to Tapas-Land itself, coincidently!

Hope it goes really well for you.  👍

*Tapas "FACT":
Started out as a slice of bread (often stale), used to cover the wine glass to keep out the flies.
(There are various claims to it's origin, but I'm inclined to believe this option, particularly as the word "Tapa" translates as lid or top, and derives from "Tapar", which translates as "To cover".)

5 hours ago, Boycie said:

Never been a fan of tapas pizza, Indian tapas sounds tempting but it would have to be at the end of the night. It all sound very carb heavy for my refined diet. 😜🍺

The idea is of Tapas you graze through the session. A chicken tikka skewer won't hinder your beer intake. I would admit the Thorn Tree's plan is all Greek to me. 

22 hours ago, sage said:

24 hours to go before the full line up is complete

Have you got a recommended route for anyone arriving by train who doesn;t know their way around Belper. Maybe a pub crawl that would end up fairly close to the station for 7ish to get back to Derby for the last train to Utch!