Championship 23/24

oomarkwright

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I don't know.  Both had crap form over the last 8 games of the season.  

Crap form, but still finished about 12 and 17 points clear of their playoff opponents and just cruised into the final.

Southampton and West Brom was a little closer, but you always felt the Saints were going to win.

Leeds demolished Norwich. Could have been seven or eight.

Interesting that Southampton did the double over Leeds in the league, while Leeds did the double over Leicester and Ipswich while those clubs did the double over Southampton. Weird.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Crap form, but still finished about 12 and 17 points clear of their playoff opponents and just cruised into the final.

Southampton and West Brom was a little closer, but you always felt the Saints were going to win.

Leeds demolished Norwich. Could have been seven or eight.

Interesting that Southampton did the double over Leeds in the league, while Leeds did the double over Leicester and Ipswich while those clubs did the double over Southampton. Weird.

Leeds did the double over us. Does that mean Leeds are going to beat Southampton. I hope not. 

10 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Leeds did the double over us. Does that mean Leeds are going to beat Southampton. I hope not. 

Do Leeds have a better chance than Southampton of finishing above Forest next season? I think they probably do.

The strongest 2 play off teams have made it to the final, wasn't stunned.

So torn, really dont like Leeds, but if they do go up then yes that's a team more likely to potentially finish above Forest. That said its too funny seeing Leeds stay down though, and I have no issue with Southampton, so I'm happy for their fans to have their day in the sun.

However I do usually enjoy it when Soton rock up to Pride Park...

13 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Do Leeds have a better chance than Southampton of finishing above Forest next season? I think they probably do.

Not if the rumours of their impeding financial doom ( only slightly mitigated if they go up ) are true. Will have to sell either way just more so if they stay down. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Not if the rumours of their impeding financial doom ( only slightly mitigated if they go up ) are true. Will have to sell either way just more so if they stay down. 

Let’s face it, if Leeds go up, I don’t really care whether they finish higher or lower than Forest, as long as they both finish in the bottom 3. Anything less than that outcome is a disappointing season. 

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

and I have no issue with Southampton, so I'm happy for their fans to have their day in the sun.

I get really bitter about the play offs. Even though we’ve got promoted, I don’t like anyone else being happy. I think I’m bitter cos we’ve lost so many play off finals.

and I can’t really feel truly happy about our promotion, I think it’s just the universe correcting itself to the natural order. I’d still only get really excited if we got promoted to the premier league. So I can’t be happy for others who are achieving that before us. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I get really bitter about the play offs. Even though we’ve got promoted, I don’t like anyone else being happy. I think I’m bitter cos we’ve lost so many play off finals.

and I can’t really feel truly happy about our promotion, I think it’s just the universe correcting itself to the natural order. I’d still only get really excited if we got promoted to the premier league. So I can’t be happy for others who are achieving that before us. 

I am going to sit and watch the playoff final, smugly contented in the knowledge that I don’t have to go through what the fans at Wembley will go through.🙂