17. Louie Sibley

20. Callum Elder

23. Joe Ward

26. Darren Robinson

31. Josh Vickers (GK)

34. Jake Rooney 

35. Curtis Nelson

10 minutes ago, Diego said:

Christ that’s a thin squad. Where’s Dajaune Brown?

Bardell, Brown, Radcliffe and Bradley J are all pictured in new kit in the U21's profile unlike the other U21's, so I am speculating but maybe they will be in or around the first team squads this season.

32 minutes ago, Diego said:

Christ that’s a thin squad. Where’s Dajaune Brown?

Only professionals over 21 need to be named in the 22 man squad. Those under 21 are ancillary to the squad of 22 and can be included in the team at any time. Not naming Brown in the squad keeps a space free for an older player but it would not stop him playing in every game if he was chosen.

33 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Bardell, Brown, Radcliffe and Bradley J are all pictured in new kit in the U21's profile unlike the other U21's, so I am speculating but maybe they will be in or around the first team squads this season.

Well number 15 is free for Bradley if he needs it

40 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Only professionals over 21 need to be named in the 22 man squad. Those under 21 are ancillary to the squad of 22 and can be included in the team at any time. Not naming Brown in the squad keeps a space free for an older player but it would not stop him playing in every game if he was chosen.

That’s fair enough, but wouldn’t the same apply to Darren Robinson.

5 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

That’s fair enough, but wouldn’t the same apply to Darren Robinson.

Yes and for Jake Rooney too. But if we signed an over 21 pro, we could simply remove Robinson or Rooney from the 22 but still include him in the matchday squad whenever we wish. The rule is 22 specifically named squad players aged 21 or over plus as many pro players under 21 as you wish. if we filled the 22 with over 21s then any incoming transfer over 21 would have to replace a player already nominated in the 22.

21 and under. Robinson, Sibs, Cash, Thommo and Rooney. 21 players in the squad, only 16 of which are "senior" players. That leaves us, you'd think, room for 6 more 22+ players. Not that PW would go that far as that would bring the squad size up to 31 if you also include Bardell, Brown, Radcliffe and Bradley J. 

He seems keen on a striker (for the #10 shirt), a midfielder and a wing back and those, IMO, will be his targets.

8 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

21 and under. Robinson, Sibs, Cash, Thommo and Rooney. 21 players in the squad, only 16 of which are "senior" players. That leaves us, you'd think, room for 6 more 22+ players. Not that PW would go that far as that would bring the squad size up to 31 if you also include Bardell, Brown, Radcliffe and Bradley J. 

He seems keen on a striker (for the #10 shirt), a midfielder and a wing back and those, IMO, will be his targets.

I think that the player shirt numbers list published today probably does not align with the nominated 22 man squad because what I forgot to include in the EFL rules above was that 'a minimum of eight of the 22 must be homegrown players.' Those so far named with a shirt number includes only six homegrown - Cashin, Sibley, Bird, Rooney, Robinson and Thompson. So for the 22 we need to include two more - say Brown and Radcliffe or whoever.

12 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I think that the player shirt numbers list published today probably does not align with the nominated 22 man squad because what I forgot to include in the EFL rules above was that 'a minimum of eight of the 22 must be homegrown players.' Those so far named with a shirt number includes only six homegrown - Cashin, Sibley, Bird, Rooney, Robinson and Thompson. So for the 22 we need to include two more - say Brown and Radcliffe or whoever.

Aren't they pretty much all 'homegrown' or have I misunderstood the concept? 

I thought 'homegrown' would be your bog-standard born in the UK type of player.

Sure the rule is that they have to have spent 3 years prior to the age of 21 in a club within that FA, irrespective of where they were born or grew up.

So for instance, if Bielik was at Arsenal from before his 18th birthday he would qualify, obviously in Birmingham squad numbers not ours......

Edited by Rich84
Added a bit

19 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Aren't they pretty much all 'homegrown' or have I misunderstood the concept? 

I thought 'homegrown' would be your bog-standard born in the UK type of player.

I think you are right:

'Definition. UEFA defines locally-trained or 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15 and 21.'

Which thankfully simplifies the matter and in our case the 8-rule can be disregarded. 🙏

That means what I originally said applies and my erroneous interpretation of homegrown was an unnecessary complication. Well done. 

Edited by Brailsford Ram

13 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I think you are right:

'Definition. UEFA defines locally-trained or 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15 and 21.'

Which thankfully simplifies the matter and in our case the 8-rule can be disregarded. 🙏

That means what I originally said applies and my erroneous interpretation of homegrown was an unnecessary complication. Well done. 

EFL regulations section 6 para 34.9 basically reiterates the above with the addition that the player could also have been at a club registered in the Welsh FA as well as the English FA, hence my comment about the likes of Bielik above

As @David said on the captain thread, squad numbers is not much more than a formality. If players and managers of other teams think otherwise then perhaps we should have confused them and given Cashin the number 9 shirt and Collins the number 2 etc. 😀 (cue the wise cracks about Collins being more effective at left back).