Post Match Drinks in Derby City Centre

Arsene Titman

1 hour ago, Arsene Titman said:

I’m obviously out of touch here , as I thought craft beers meant any drinks other than lager, bitter and mild ( can you still get that?). My son drinks Ghost Ship, Atlantic, Timothy Taylor’s Landlord and others I can’t recall the names of. As long as we can get lager, bitter, pale ale and one or two of the ones with funny names then I think everyone will be happy. 

Thank you everyone for taking the trouble to respond to my original post and , if you feel you have anything to add to the discussion, I would be glad to hear from you. One more thing,  I  just know I’ll have to bail out and go home before the end of festivities. Is Derby city centre safe on a Saturday night for an old git looking for a taxi home?

Yes. I feel perfectly safe in Derby City Centre after dark.

The beers you mentioned are all around 4%, so looked down on by the hipsters, who are imbibing at 6-8%. 

You keep your son on the 4%ers, that way he'll stay sober longer! 

Edited by angieram

As a general rule. If you stay within 250yds of the River Derwent from Darely Abbey down to Pride Park you'll find decent beer. 

Any street ending in gate, you'll find bars with Music and Botox. 

Both have their merits. 

Edited by IronRam 140.6
Typo

On 16/07/2023 at 14:37, Van der MoodHoover said:

Or even just a bit sensible. Last year lads trip to Newcastle for the racing, hotel wanted £23 for breakfast. Or there's the local spoons at £3.95 plus a quid for a coffee....

Decent too. You can get smoked salmon if you are feeling posh. Unlikely though you would be feeling posh in Newcastle. 

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Decent too. You can get smoked salmon if you are feeling posh. Unlikely though you would be feeling posh in Newcastle. 

I always feel posh in Newcastle...in comparison