Pre season training

bucktwo

19 hours ago, Srg said:

Main issue with Collins is he turns into Jack Marriott outside the box and becomes completely hopeless. Can we find a way to play and not have him involved until the final touch of the move? I don’t know. 

Brown on the other hand… pace, power, first touch and finishing. Just hope he gets a chance with the first team squad round him to show what he can do. In all seriousness, if he works out to even some extent it could save us a lot of money in signings. 

I know it’s early days and we as fans only seen a few clips of Brown but he looks like a real handful 

If we didn’t know who he was or he was our new 1m signing,  on early and somewhat limited viewing so far  I’d be quite happy with him in our first team squad and think could make a real impact 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Poor Ross. Looks like the love child of Matt Hancock and Steve Cooper. 

Sounds very similar to that Darren Robinson they have on the radio. Same accent, same silly management textbook speak. I'm sure he's good at what he does though 

12 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

Sounds very similar to that Darren Robinson they have on the radio. Same accent, same silly management textbook speak. I'm sure he's good at what he does though 

I did think that particular topic would have been better not broadcast. Would have had Chris Martin rolling his eyes, for sure. 

1 minute ago, nenoram said:

Is Joe Ward in Spain with the team? Haven't seen him in any of the training videos.

I believe he is there, but think Warne said he had a minor injury following the game Saturday.

9 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Haven’t seen Sonny Bradley in any clips from Spain training never seems to be in any clips 

wonder if he’s not at full throttle yet due to injury 

He’s definitely there and involved, he’s in a number of the videos shared by the club, showed up several times during drills in the 6 min video shared on day 1 and he’s in the background of this one a couple times with a bib on looking very much a part of the drill;

Richie Barkers new interview,

- Joe Ward stayed at Moor Farm for a personal issue, then felt a tweak in his groin so has trained with u21s won’t be going to Spain.

- Barkhuizen hasn’t started running yet so won’t be joining the squad in Spain either, they hope he can train again next week.

- Washington has been out doing some ball work, so he’s getting closer.

- Sibley and Elder have missed a few sessions with knocks so they’re not at full fitness just yet.

- NML is linking up with the squad today.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He’s definitely there and involved, he’s in a number of the videos shared by the club, showed up several times during drills in the 6 min video shared on day 1 and he’s in the background of this one a couple times with a bib on looking very much a part of the drill;

Is he on far side in first part with Hourihane  nearside ? Must be my eyes lol 😂 if so then I’ll stfu 😂 

have to say both Hourihane and Tommo really seem to be working hard in all clips 

26 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Richie Barkers new interview,

- Joe Ward stayed at Moor Farm for a personal issue, then felt a tweak in his groin so has trained with u21s won’t be going to Spain.

- Barkhuizen hasn’t started running yet so won’t be joining the squad in Spain either, they hope he can train again next week.

- Washington has been out doing some ball work, so he’s getting closer.

- Sibley and Elder have missed a few sessions with knocks so they’re not at full fitness just yet.

- NML is linking up with the squad today.

About the best news we could’ve had on Barkhuizen for sure. Seems a fair few with niggles already though. 

26 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Is he on far side in first part with Hourihane  nearside ? Must be my eyes lol 😂 if so then I’ll stfu 😂 

have to say both Hourihane and Tommo really seem to be working hard in all clips 

No need to stfu, was just hoping to reassure you that he’s there and involved. In the foreground of the first pic hands on hips, so big his head wouldn’t fit in shot! On the left of the second one. To the right of Hourihane on the third one. On the left of the fourth one. 

E666B6C8-FE14-4AB7-A69C-0B4BF8C07582.jpeg

48AB4E95-04E5-45C9-87C4-765543488BC8.jpeg

8A03B4EE-7119-4392-B5F9-70DC46091A96.jpeg

FD79762F-995D-4B17-A9D4-70288B41016C.jpeg

And yeah, agree on Hourihane and Thommo. Smith seems to be prominent in a couple of bits and Collins, senior pros setting the example and being a bit of a leadership group maybe? 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

No need to stfu, was just hoping to reassure you that he’s there and involved. In the foreground of the first pic hands on hips, so big his head wouldn’t fit in shot! On the left of the second one. To the right of Hourihane on the third one. On the left of the fourth one. 

E666B6C8-FE14-4AB7-A69C-0B4BF8C07582.jpeg

48AB4E95-04E5-45C9-87C4-765543488BC8.jpeg

8A03B4EE-7119-4392-B5F9-70DC46091A96.jpeg

FD79762F-995D-4B17-A9D4-70288B41016C.jpeg

And yeah, agree on Hourihane and Thommo. Smith seems to be prominent in a couple of bits and Collins, senior pros setting the example and being a bit of a leadership group maybe? 

Thankyou for this much appreciated 

we seem to have a few more tattoos in the squad now and now you point it out can see clearly it’s Bradley 🤦‍♂️lol 

was just a bit worried like all new players want them to fit straight in and think Bradley has big chance to be very influential once he settles in but he’s clearly involved as you point out 

Thankyou 👍🏻

8 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Thankyou for this much appreciated 

we seem to have a few more tattoos in the squad now and now you point it out can see clearly it’s Bradley 🤦‍♂️lol 

was just a bit worried like all new players want them to fit straight in and think Bradley has big chance to be very influential once he settles in but he’s clearly involved as you point out 

Thankyou 👍🏻

I’m with you, ideally the whole squad would be together all through pre season. From what’s been said Ward is missing but at least he’s been with the group the last couple of weeks. Barkhuizen being at home isn’t ideal but again he’s been with them the last couple of weeks too (and all last season). NML is joining up with them today. Wilson, Nelson, Bradley, Vickers are all there in Spain. So really as it stands it’s only Washington of the current squad who’s got to play a lot of catch up, plus any further additions. Thankfully still plenty of time for them to get involved before we kick off the season 👍 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram