Pre season training

bucktwo

3 minutes ago, inter politics said:

In the first photo, who's the lad on the right?

The group shot of them running? If so, think that’s Ben Radcliffe the lad who’s joined the academy from Burton and looked good in the friendlies. Considering he’s young he looks like a proper unit, maybe it’s just an optical illusion next to Hourihane’s slight frame 🤔 

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The group shot of them running? If so, think that’s Ben Radcliffe the lad who’s joined the academy from Burton and looked good in the friendlies. Considering he’s young he looks like a proper unit, maybe it’s just an optical illusion next to Hourihane’s slight frame 🤔 

I would say he's fairly well-built for his age group.

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

I would say he's fairly well-built for his age group.

That’s what I thought, not seen him live but in pics and videos he looks like a very solid unit. Add into that the fact he looks like he can play a bit, could be a very shrewd acquisition, especially when you consider he’s what, 19? 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

22 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

That’s what I thought, not seen him live but in pics and videos he looks like a very solid unit. Add into that the fact he looks like he can play a bit, could be a very shrewd acquisition, especially when you consider he’s what, 19? 

Looked decent against Matlock, hopefully see him starting in some pizza cup games perhaps?

On 18/07/2023 at 22:26, Caerphilly Ram said:

He’s 17. Which is even more mad. 

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

He’s 17. Which is even more mad. 

I was talking about Radcliffe, he’s 19 isn’t he? Assuming you mean Dajaune Brown then absolutely the same applies! Both Brown and Radcliffe look physically capable already, they’ll potentially grow more too. Fingers crossed we’ve got a couple more good academy prospects there.

1 minute ago, Gerry Daly said:

Comes over really well doesn't he. I'm looking forward to seeing him nailing down the CDM role this season

I spent quite a while chatting to him at the Supporters Club dinner and I have to say he was really engaging, interested in our views and sharing of his positive experience so far at the Club. 

I hope you're right, couldn't happen to a nicer guy! 

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Well I have been keeping up with everything and yeah a lot of it I had seen before, but it was still an enjoyable watch.

Love to see the passion from PW, drilling into the players to give their all for their family and friends. 

Hopefully we can get off to a good start, with a full stadium behind us we'll be tough to stop.  A few good early wins will make us even more attractive for potential signings as well.

31 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Well I have been keeping up with everything and yeah a lot of it I had seen before, but it was still an enjoyable watch.

Love to see the passion from PW, drilling into the players to give their all for their family and friends. 

Hopefully we can get off to a good start, with a full stadium behind us we'll be tough to stop.  A few good early wins will make us even more attractive for potential signings as well.

As @Srg said, a lot of the footage and sound bites had already been shared earlier in the summer.
The additional bits were mainly from the team meetings when you got more of a feel for Warne and Barker as a management duo, and were therefore quite interesting. It’s stuff they’ve said before but I like seeing the evidence of them setting their standards. Establishing the culture and expectations very clearly, pointing out what others have said regarding last season about how Warne sees it as failure and that this season “by hook or by crook” we will be top 6.