Summer Rumour Mill

sage

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

I’ve noticed baraslar can leave Middlesbrough. Could see warne going for him as the midfield option 

I think Bird would have to be moved on for that to happen, but would obviously take him in a heartbeat. He was a class above when he played against us for Accrington Stanley, very obvious from that day he was a player! 

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

Why would he loan to League 1? Makes zero sense for his career.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility but i agree its unlikely. Warne also strikes me as the sort of man that wouldn't want to hold back one of 'his players' by dragging them back in to League 1. 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I apologise if I’m incorrect in this evaluation but, do the other clubs that have recently had financial problems seem to be out of restrictions a lot quicker and given more leniency then we had? if not it really shows how horrendous Mel left us!

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

We need a proven goalscorer to add to Washington & Collins.

Ladapo, Joao, JCH & Assombalonga are all very good options for this level....i also think Sharp, Godden & Martin would all score plenty of goals at this level too.

I agree with the suggestions but as has been suggested to myself and others I think even with the knight money we aren’t particularly free to spend. I’d imagine the absolute most we’d spend would be £750k maybe £1m and that would not get you JCH, Langstaff but would probably get you a free agent, Ladapo or godden. Realistically though I think we’ll end up with a free agent or a fee paying loan 

13 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

We need a proven goalscorer to add to Washington & Collins.

Ladapo, Joao, JCH & Assombalonga are all very good options for this level....i also think Sharp, Godden & Martin would all score plenty of goals at this level too.

It’s not about that for warne it’s about whether the player can play the system and if they’ve got what it takes to play for him could you seriously see Martin or assombalonga or jch chasing around centre half’s for 90 mins ? 

8 minutes ago, DCFCRhowy said:

It’s not about that for warne it’s about whether the player can play the system and if they’ve got what it takes to play for him could you seriously see Martin or assombalonga or jch chasing around centre half’s for 90 mins ? 

No I cant, but Warne has also said he wants different type of forwards to use, we already have 2 on the books who can do alot of running, we need other style of players, McGoldrick wasnt someone who could press alot. JCH, Martin & Assombalonga are capable of replacing McGoldrick

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

No I cant, but Warne has also said he wants different type of forwards to use, we already have 2 on the books who can do alot of running, we need other style of players, McGoldrick wasnt someone who could press alot. JCH, Martin & Assombalonga are capable of replacing McGoldrick

Exactly and with just Washington and Collins we would struggle get playoffs never mind top 2. Still think we need 2 more strikers as if this other striker gets injured then we would rely heavily on Washington and Collins 

25 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I apologise if I’m incorrect in this evaluation but, do the other clubs that have recently had financial problems seem to be out of restrictions a lot quicker and given more leniency then we had? if not it really shows how horrendous Mel left us!

Reading had been under a transfer embargo since the summer of 2021. This was lifted last Wednesday when they paid in full the outstanding debt owed to HMRC, which was the reason the embargo was imposed.

30 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

And like warne said running and giving 100% is a non negotiable so any player that has an attitude or isn’t willing to run the hard yards won’t be a player of warnes interest 

57 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

No, you just need to fulfill the criteria for coming off the list, like paying the taxman or coming out of administration 

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

Reading are starting to build a decent side.

Surprised we weren't in for Smith at his age.

According to @Big Travhe was one of our main targets 

I’m not all that fussed but hope that we get a new forward sorted sooner rather than later 

3 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Reading are starting to build a decent side.

Surprised we weren't in for Smith at his age.

They are. I feel they certainly will be up there. 

I'm not sure who our number one target will be now?