Save three.

You’re Paul Warne, you have a gun to your head and you can only keep three of the current first team squad before you start to rebuild for next season/the clubs future. All others are up for grabs.

Which 3 players do you keep and why?

I’ll say; Cashin, Bird and Wildsmith

Hard not to keep Didz, but historically he’s only a one season wonder. 
Shame to see Knight go too, but thems my three. 

If we're talking promotion or bust next year, Hourihane, Knight and Didzy.

If we are building for the future, and prepared to see out the efl restrictions with another year in League One, Cashin, Bird and Knight.

I still think Sibley has so much potential, but needs a fresh start away from Derby.

Cashin, Knight & Bird. Young players who will increase in ability and value.

I've avoided saying the likes of Wildsmith and Didzy because firstly, Wildsmith has had probably his first really good season. Didn't he say he came in to fight for a starting spot and then when we didn't sign another keeper, he just kind of got it by default? We nearly signed Rushworth but he chose Lincoln, so I have a feeling Wildsmith would've been back-up. Either way, if he did leave, we might be able to replace him for free again. Not taking anything away from how good he has actually been though.

Same with Didzy. He's 35 and a free transfer. As good as he's been, if we could only save 3, he'd have to go. His goals have gave us a real chance this season but it still wasn't enough. I'd be happy to spread the goals out a little more next season and finish at least 1 place higher.

Cashin for sure. 

If Warne believed in Sibley and had built the team around him, I'd say Sibs. But Warne clearly doesn't, so Louie should go elsewhere. I'd love Pep to buy him and slowly integrate him into the Man City setup over the next couple of seasons. He'd be better in a strong Premier League team, than a weaker one.

Wildsmith has mainly been great so he probably gets the second berth. Even though it doesn't seem that hard to get a great keeper, but I feel he has been exceptional.

I don't believe any of Bird, Knight or Hourihane have lived up to their hype this season. None of those, even if Hourihane has finally looked decent in the new formation. Smith has done well and would be in with a shout. McGoldrick has been brilliant, but also greedy, and he isn't getting any younger. But scoring goals is the hardest thing in football, and Warne has put all his faith in McGoldrick at the expense of other players, and McGoldrick has largely delivered. So he gets the third spot.

Mendez-Laing and Barkhuizen have had their moments, especially NML, but his stamina is as weak as his decision-making. And so many of the defenders are too old. I hope Rooney is a fixture next term. We're not renewing Stearman. I wouldn't renew Davies and I don't think it would be vital to renew Fozzy, but I probably would if he's an option, as he's played the most and is so flexible across the back.