Postive season

B4ev6is

Well guys this season been postive one mostly we had brilliant cup runs in the league cup and FA cup only disappointing one was papa John's competion I throught we get out of group stage we went 18 games unbeaten run went so close breaking that record jim smith did that year. In the league cup we made to last 12 I think played liverpool pushed them all the way and lost on penalties and we had great cup run and played west ham in the fa cup and our unbeaten came to a end. And few weeks we struggled to win games or even draw them in the cost us promation but we go again next season with new players which I hope get us back to the champership end of next season.

8 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So glad you're feeling better B4.

Yes, we go again.

Be interesting to see what Warne does in the summer.

Then, hopefully, let's go for the autos. Playoffs are too stressful.

COYR 🐏

Would look at over aboard market at players. Maybe add a bit of flair to our play.

• 3 weeks later...

What/who we need and what/who we get could be quite different. I think the intricacies of showing a potential Ram around our facilities and what we have to offer can make a huge difference. Geographically we should do well considering how central we are in the country too. Imagine a player thinking oh yes as they tour the stadium and listen to PW then returning to family and getting the ‘I like the seaside though’ …. So so many factors many fans don’t perhaps realise! 

On 08/05/2023 at 17:48, B4ev6is said:

Well guys this season been postive one mostly we had brilliant cup runs in the league cup and FA cup only disappointing one was papa John's competion I throught we get out of group stage we went 18 games unbeaten run went so close breaking that record jim smith did that year. In the league cup we made to last 12 I think played liverpool pushed them all the way and lost on penalties and we had great cup run and played west ham in the fa cup and our unbeaten came to a end. And few weeks we struggled to win games or even draw them in the cost us promation but we go again next season with new players which I hope get us back to the champership end of next season.

losing that penalty shootout at Liverpool was the turning point. Win that, and I’m certain we would have been one of the 3 teams in the final. 

5 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

I don’t think so we would have had Man City away in the last 6 😀

Nah. Whoever it was that Man City beat to get to that stage would have tried doubly hard and turned them over, knowing that they had the opportunity and honour to face off against the mighty rams in the next round.

On 27/05/2023 at 16:34, Magicman said:

We need 11 new players ( including Mcgoldrick & Roberts ) 

New Keeper 

New RB New LB 

2 New CBs 

2 New Midfielders 

2 New Wide Men 

2 New Strikers 

Only need an RB and LB if we are going to play  a back 4. PW's preferred route is a back 3 so....

Keeper. Will McGee get offered a new contract? If so, there's the 2nd keeper and I expect Loach to stay as player/coach as the 3rd choice keeper.

CBs. We currently have Foz, Rooney and Cash. 2 more needed IMO.

Midfielders. AM or DM? I think we'll go for 1 of each.

Wide men. I take it you mean wing backs. Hopefully Roberts will be 1 of them.  Get a RWB in as well. Maybe a 3rd as NML and Barks would rather play as orthodox wingers than wing backs. 

Strikers. Interesting possibilities there. We have Didzy and Collo. What will PW go for? If he chooses 5 in MF and 2 up top, we'd need 2 more. However, if he goes 4 in MF and 2 10s behind a striker we'd only need the one extra striker in but we'd need another "10", maybe 2, as we only have Sibs and NML for that role.

Forecasting how many and for what positions is really a minefield as the requirements change greatly dependent on which formation Warne is going to plump for. Who he gets in and which position they play will point us in the right direction in regard to the frmation we can expect next season.