Should Max Bird sue?

StantonRam

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

In his back? And despite that, White then somehow fell on him in that split second of contact. I’ve had a few beers today, but that all seems a stretch to me. 

It’s common knowledge if you have a skin full of ale before a match it makes your eyesight and decision making far superior to referees 

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

White ran straight into him 😂. Their lad put one hand out - just the one @sage - and White blindly ran into him. @DarkFruitsRam7

I'd like to think I'm pretty impartial when it comes to judging penalty decisions against us. I certainly don't think there's a grand EFL conspiracy (sorry @uttoxram75).

But I can't understand how anyone can watch that clip and think it's a penalty. I'd think we were very lucky if it were the other way round.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'd like to think I'm pretty impartial when it comes to judging penalty decisions against us. I certainly don't think there's a grand EFL conspiracy (sorry @uttoxram75).

But I can't understand how anyone can watch that clip and think it's a penalty. I'd think we were very lucky if it were the other way round.

Their player got ahead of White, and was arguably in a goalscoring position when White ran into him. Not an intentional foul, and yes, soft, but I can see why the Ref gave it. I can’t see why Warne would argue so strenuously against it, other than a) frustration and b) to deflect from the performance. More often than not, a Ref will give that. 

16 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Their player got ahead of White, and was arguably in a goalscoring position when White ran into him. Not an intentional foul, and yes, soft, but I can see why the Ref gave it. I can’t see why Warne would argue so strenuously against it, other than a) frustration and b) to deflect from the performance. More often than not, a Ref will give that. 

Disagree, but hey ho. Yesterday’s 3 points far more important.

16 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Never a penalty

Where is the foul on the attacker supposed to have happened? When White falls into the attackers path?  There seems to be an arm from the attacker leaning into White, not sure where the foul on him is supposed to be.  

On 23/04/2023 at 07:34, G STAR RAM said:

Not seen the highlights yet but my initial reaction was that it wasnt a penalty

I assume the referee had watched all the seasons videos of Derby County and assumed those were the decisions that had to be given as a penalty but hadn’t realised we were playing in White 

On 23/04/2023 at 11:42, Tamworthram said:

Controversial and unpopular (not me, my thoughts 😀) but if you slow it down frame by frame, I don't think it was a penalty. The defenders leg looks like it was behind both of Bird's and he may not have made contact sufficient to bring him down. Obviously the ref didn't have the benefit of a slow motion replay but I suspect VAR wouldn't have given it. Swings and roundabouts though. We all know doubtful penalties have been given against us that have almost certainly cost us points.

image.png.f549ef5ab6ac8c4feb67dec7d823362b.png

In the grd lower tier right behind the incident in South stand, not one of my mates or myself thought it was a pen, laughing at the decision,  would have been fuming to have it awarded against is.

But on the highlights with the camera from that angle and not slowing it down, I can see why it was given.

Just glad it was as we never really looked like we'd have scored otherwise