22 Players

Day

6 minutes ago, David said:

Interesting and important context when reviewing the season. 

To be honest I have, quietly, expected we’d fall away from the pack since Jan 31st and I’ve been trying to enjoy the season for what it is since then. That’s easy to say now but I had a sense of deja vu from the season before to be honest, we didn’t come out of that window any stronger and we’re arguably weaker. Not quite loosing Shinnie and Jagielka weaker, but we couldn’t address any direct problems we had in that squad because of our business plan. I’m not complaining about that, but it is what it is

We did well to maintain that run as long as we did, but it essentially papered over the cracks. Warne knew his issues from his first day, too many young players and too many old players with no players on their prime aside Wildsmith. That’s what was needed in January and we couldn’t land anyone, or at least a loan or two of 22-23 year olds who are coming to the end of their current contracts and have something to prove 

19 minutes ago, David said:

Interesting and important context when reviewing the season. 

Didn't PW say he likes to work with a small squad? we've had to deal with young and older players...there's been no in-between players, It's this downfall that's caught up with us...imo 

7 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Didn't PW say he likes to work with a small squad? we've had to deal with young and older players...there's been no in-between players, It's this downfall that's caught up with us...imo 

He did, however in previous seasons he has used:

21/22 - 24 Players
20/21 - 26 Players
19/20 - 27 Players
18/19 - 26 Players

Couple of extra experienced players in the 24-29 age range would make a huge difference. Trying to bring those in whilst not being allowed to spend a penny is bordering on impossible, unless you will take literally anyone.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Apologies for creating a topic you have no interest in. I will try and do better tomorrow.

oh i have an interest, it's just not a new one. I look forward to your improved efforts

Just now, sage said:

oh i have an interest, it's just not a new one. I look forward to your improved efforts

In fairness, I was thinking of the people that unlike yourself were unaware the number of players used was that little, like myself. I obviously know we have been operating with a small squad, just wasn't aware of the exact number. I now have that, 2 little ducks, quack quack.

Plus the tweet had the added information that I had not seen posted anywhere on the forum previously, where just 2 clubs had used the same number of players in the last 15 years.

So yeah, I just figured it would be worth a topic, not a post that could be lost inside the larger topics which can happen, as I say though I do apologise, I really will try better tomorrow.

Beef v Pickled Onion Space Raiders hasn't been discussed for a while, might go with that one.

1 minute ago, David said:

In fairness, I was thinking of the people that unlike yourself were unaware the number of players used was that little, like myself. I obviously know we have been operating with a small squad, just wasn't aware of the exact number. I now have that, 2 little ducks, quack quack.

Plus the tweet had the added information that I had not seen posted anywhere on the forum previously, where just 2 clubs had used the same number of players in the last 15 years.

So yeah, I just figured it would be worth a topic, not a post that could be lost inside the larger topics which can happen, as I say though I do apologise, I really will try better tomorrow.

Beef v Pickled Onion Space Raiders hasn't been discussed for a while, might go with that one.

beef

22 minutes ago, David said:

He did, however in previous seasons he has used:

21/22 - 24 Players
20/21 - 26 Players
19/20 - 27 Players
18/19 - 26 Players

Couple of extra experienced players in the 24-29 age range would make a huge difference. Trying to bring those in whilst not being allowed to spend a penny is bordering on impossible, unless you will take literally anyone.

Those numbers would suggest he's work to do in the summer

Edited by The Last Post

46 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

England won the World Cup with 22 players in 1966. Warne is unlikely to get a Knighthood. 

I think you'll find England didn't use all the 22 players in the half dozen games they needed to win the world cup.

The teams they were competing against also only had 22 players available to them. Unlike the teams we are competing against this season.

8 hours ago, 1of4 said:

I think you'll find England didn't use all the 22 players in the half dozen games they needed to win the world cup.

The teams they were competing against also only had 22 players available to them. Unlike the teams we are competing against this season.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin