Formula 1 2023 and general Motorsport

RadioactiveWaste

Whilst we look forward to testing, unfortunatly baby Stroll is set to miss out. Yes, that's right, young Lance was so keen to get back to putting it in the wall he started crash practice early whilst he was on his push bike.

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/35701799/lance-stroll-miss-f1-testing-minor-bicycle-crash?linkId=202305400

Says minot injuries, but obviously it's enough to put him out of three days testing so more than a bit of road rash and dented ego, but probably nothing broken and they'll be hoping he makes the first race I think.

Speedy recovery Lance, and leave the bicycle riding to the other Lance.

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Whilst we look forward to testing, unfortunatly baby Stroll is set to miss out. Yes, that's right, young Lance was so keen to get back to putting it in the wall he started crash practice early whilst he was on his push bike.

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/35701799/lance-stroll-miss-f1-testing-minor-bicycle-crash?linkId=202305400

Says minot injuries, but obviously it's enough to put him out of three days testing so more than a bit of road rash and dented ego, but probably nothing broken and they'll be hoping he makes the first race I think.

Speedy recovery Lance, and leave the bicycle riding to the other Lance.

There is quite a few jokes in there but I will refrain...

Testing week! Hopefully we will learn a lot more about how the cars will look on the first race weekend. Toto Wolff has been saying that the W14 has reached the minimum weight limit. Ferrari expect their engine to be able to run at full power this year (I'll believe it when I see it!). Verstappen scheduled for the Thursday test, Verstappen/Perez on the Friday and Perez on the Saturday. 

Looking forward to it.

What's the point of Mohammed Ben Sulayem? In his short tenure thus far as FIA President he's done more damage than good and seems to live his every waking moment with one or both shoes fully inserted in his gobshite. Now we hear that the first FIA Commission meeting of the new season has gone ahead and the man's not even bothered to turn up!

The various points of discussion tabled are all subject to approval by the FIA's legislative body, the World Motorsport Council, which this cretin is meant to chair, yet he's nowhere to be seen. Are the FIA are in damage limitation mode?

It honestly beggars belief that so many sports are under the auspices of governing bodies that are either catastrophically incompetent, utterly corrupt, or both. Time for change, I reckon.

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

What's the point of Mohammed Ben Sulayem? In his short tenure thus far as FIA President he's done more damage than good and seems to live his every waking moment with one or both shoes fully inserted in his gobshite. Now we hear that the first FIA Commission meeting of the new season has gone ahead and the man's not even bothered to turn up!

The various points of discussion tabled are all subject to approval by the FIA's legislative body, the World Motorsport Council, which this cretin is meant to chair, yet he's nowhere to be seen. Are the FIA are in damage limitation mode?

It honestly beggars belief that so many sports are under the auspices of governing bodies that are either catastrophically incompetent, utterly corrupt, or both. Time for change, I reckon.

He's basically the Liz Truss of being FIA president.

At least whilst Jean Todt was doing naff all, he commited to doing naff all and let FOM and the teams runs F1, whilst Mad Max and Bernie worked together on running F1.

First testing today, was good to see some of the new cars in action. The Mercedes had a good day. No signs of any porpoising and the car looked pretty smooth round the corners (struggled a bit with wind on turn 13). A lot more positive compared to the previous year. 

Interestingly the Ferrari looked like it was a porpoising quite a lot today. No real big conclusions to be reached though as the cars were mostly doing long runs to match an actual race rather than qualifying pace. All going about a second quicker than they were at this time the previous year though. 

I've been following the testing and have to say, it's not looking great lads ? Said during testing last year that the Red Bull looked like it was driving on rails and if anything, it looks even easier to drive this year. Adrian Newey is a bona fide cheat code when it comes to designing race cars. Almost everything he touches turns to gold and while Merc could compete in the hybrid era, when their straight line speed outweighed any handling deficiencies, we now appear to be in another era of RB domination.

There's no doubt that Merc have a better car this year. Sadly, so do Red Bull and if anything, my guess is that the Man baby will have an even easier time of it than last year. Ferrari seem to have a quick car again, but they'll find a way to sabotage their own campaign, just as they always seem to these days. Hope I'm wrong, but the early signs are more than mildly ominous.

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I've been following the testing and have to say, it's not looking great lads ? Said during testing last year that the Red Bull looked like it was driving on rails and if anything, it looks even easier to drive this year. Adrian Newey is a bona fide cheat code when it comes to designing race cars. Almost everything he touches turns to gold and while Merc could compete in the hybrid era, when their straight line speed outweighed any handling deficiencies, we now appear to be in another era of RB domination.

There's no doubt that Merc have a better car this year. Sadly, so do Red Bull and if anything, my guess is that the Man baby will have an even easier time of it than last year. Ferrari seem to have a quick car again, but they'll find a way to sabotage their own campaign, just as they always seem to these days. Hope I'm wrong, but the early signs are more than mildly ominous.

Dude! I'm excited here! I just binged watch Horner To Survive in anticipation. 

I don't want to imagine it is gonna be another season of his smug face 

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Dude! I'm excited here! I just binged watch Horner To Survive in anticipation. 

I don't want to imagine it is gonna be another season of his smug face 

See, that's the thing, isn't it? The manchild is actually a seriously talented driver, even if he's also an annoying little p****. Karen, on the other hand...

Even if we resigned ourselves to a 2013 repeat, there's a number of things to look forward to.

If nothing else, Fernando Alonso in a quick car (seemingly) and zero f**** to give at this point.

A less bad Merc.

Ocon and Gasly falling out.

Ferrari is Ferrari, as they say.

There's still going to be some fun.

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Ocon and Gasly falling out.

Yaaaas!!!! I'd actually forgotten about this! Whoever thought this was a good idea clearly has an eye on raising the team profile through the medium of completely unnecessary and bone-jarringly stupid first corner shunts. Should also be a vintage season for Drive to Survive with the two of them questioning each other's parentage on the team radio throughout every race, followed by some hilarious Gallic flouncing in the pits. All of a sudden I can't wait! ?   

6 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Yaaaas!!!! I'd actually forgotten about this! Whoever thought this was a good idea clearly has an eye on raising the team profile through the medium of completely unnecessary and bone-jarringly stupid first corner shunts. Should also be a vintage season for Drive to Survive with the two of them questioning each other's parentage on the team radio throughout every race, followed by some hilarious Gallic flouncing in the pits. All of a sudden I can't wait! ?   

Given that Ocon couldn't care less about who the team mate he's punting off the road is (Danny...checo.....Fernando...nope, you can all some Estie bestie with that) and him and Pierre aren't the friends they once were. It's also kind of career crunch time for Gasly, he's left the red bull fold because Karen was never going to give him a second go, and Alpine gave Ocon that long contract, if Gasly isn't doing the business it could be the end of him ever looking up the grid.

And for Ocon, if he comes second best in this team, he's going to face questions if he's ever really going to be top calibre. Being second best to Alonso is one thing...

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Given that Ocon couldn't care less about who the team mate he's punting off the road is (Danny...checo.....Fernando...nope, you can all some Estie bestie with that) and him and Pierre aren't the friends they once were. It's also kind of career crunch time for Gasly, he's left the red bull fold because Karen was never going to give him a second go, and Alpine gave Ocon that long contract, if Gasly isn't doing the business it could be the end of him ever looking up the grid.

And for Ocon, if he comes second best in this team, he's going to face questions if he's ever really going to be top calibre. Being second best to Alonso is one thing...

Yeah, but what about the crashes and who will dish the best insults?

These are the burning questions that really need answering... Also, who wins in a face-slapping competition?