Do Derby want Commons ?

red fever

Not too sure about that,Davenport.If promotion bid failed,they'd be lumbered with the new wage.I've a feeling they're trying to avoid having some senior players on a lot more than others,though better players (and usually forwards) will always attract a premium.The question is,how much of a premium would they be willing to offer?

The pay rise is dependent on promotion no promotion no pay rise so no extra wage to be lumbered with.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The pay rise is dependent on promotion no promotion no pay rise so no extra wage to be lumbered with.

Think you've misunderstood me.You said they could offer a decent salary if pushing for promotion or in play-offs come Jan.My point was that even if we were in that position in January,there's no guarantee of promotion.Pay rise in the event of promotion doesn't come into my argument.

Think you've misunderstood me.You said they could offer a decent salary if pushing for promotion or in play-offs come Jan.My point was that even if we were in that position in January,there's no guarantee of promotion.Pay rise in the event of promotion doesn't come into my argument.

By decent i meant what he is on now - so no promotion no extra wages.

Played every pre-season game, been involved in every league and cup games this season. I also recall you saying he doesn't score enough goals for us? 5 goals in 8 league starts making him the 5th top Championship goal scorer this season.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalScorers/0,,10794~20107,00.html

Mainly (dont think he actually scored from 'upfront' as it were) from the wings, too.

We are NOT the same team without him .

That certainly used to be the case, but I don't think he's quite as vital as he used to be.

We've got Bueno and Cywka at the ready to pull the creative strings and we've sorted out our distribution worries with Bailey.

Could we get better value for money elsewhere?

This is basically what Crewe Alexandra is for these days ;)

By decent i meant what he is on now - so no promotion no extra wages.

I think you're very optimistic.If they didn't go up in your scenario,then he'd likely be on a lot more money than other senior pros,something I think Nigel's trying to avoid in the interests of team spirit.

It would also bring up the question of others out of contract next season-would they be treated differently?

I think you're very optimistic.If they didn't go up in your scenario,then he'd likely be on a lot more money than other senior pros,something I think Nigel's trying to avoid in the interests of team spirit.

It would also bring up the question of others out of contract next season-would they be treated differently?

Cloughs policy is earn the contract you want.

If Comons is influential in all games he plays and stays fit then he will have earnt that contract in my opinion.

Stop guessing what other senior pors are on or what Clough is intending to do regarding wage structure.

The only statment regarding Commons wages made by the club was that we couldnt afford to renew both his and Hulse's current delas - well Hulse has left the club.

Cloughs policy is earn the contract you want.

If Comons is influential in all games he plays and stays fit then he will have earnt that contract in my opinion.

Stop guessing what other senior pors are on or what Clough is intending to do regarding wage structure.

The only statment regarding Commons wages made by the club was that we couldnt afford to renew both his and Hulse's current delas - well Hulse has left the club.

Sorry,I thought you were "guessing" what might happen if we were in a certain position come January.Do you have a quote to back up that last sentence?

Sorry,I thought you were "guessing" what might happen if we were in a certain position come January.Do you have a quote to back up that last sentence?

it was in a radio interview at the end of last season.

I was giving my opinion as to what i thought the club would do - rather than guessing how much other people get paid by stating it would be likely Commons was earning more than other senior pros. which is based on no fact a tall just rumour

I thought Hulse went because he was at an certain age and picking up injuries, and an offer came in?

That was the official line wasn't it, although the "we can get better value for money" line used which suggests he was on too much money.

it was in a radio interview at the end of last season.

I was giving my opinion as to what i thought the club would do - rather than guessing how much other people get paid by stating it would be likely Commons was earning more than other senior pros. which is based on no fact a tall just rumour

I'm fairly certain that Nigel cited Hulse and Commons as being our highest earners (obviously along with Sav),which somehow seems to suggest Commons may be paid more than most.I probably heard it in a radio interview.

If Commons stay fit and plays well for the next two months NC will extend his contract. If he doesn't, he won't. Simple as that and wouldn't have it any other way.

I think you are spot on. NC also seems to be putting the onus on Commons to take more responsibility for his own fitness levels. As an example if he feels his Hamstring then he comes off and does not play on like he has in the past.

A positive view from NC towards Kris Commons was that Clough was quite happy for him to leave the game early against Boro, to make sure he was fit for Swansea.

If any one is worried about keeping Commons there is one thing that every fan could do to try and influence him.

Its a bit old fashioned maybe, but it might just work...

follow the intructions...

1. Applaud as the players come out.

2. Don't boo if a pass is miss-placed early doors.

3. If Commons puts one into the top corner, rise out of your seat and sing, "that boy Kris Commons, thinks forest are *****" at the top of your voice.

4. Repeat ad nauseum.

Never, ever, under estimate the influence we can have on a game of football.

wages

gotta agree with most of you guys, it's good man management and any player who can't see that is crazy, kc must know he'll get a new contract if he puts in his shift. the only sticking point (if there is one) will be his wages, according to fm2010 he's on £9,000 p/w :eek:. what will nigel and glick be prepared to pay him?

Archived