Do Derby want Commons ?

red fever

Would we have beaten Middlesbro without him, I doubt it, two superb goals from Commons won it, simple.

Jimmy Greaves, the greatest ever first div scorer of all time could never be described as a team player, different players add different things.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think sooner or later Kris will realise that he hasn't achieved the status in the game that his undoubted skill merits.I'm sure Nigel is trying to coax,cajole,bully him out of his comfort zone for both Kris and the team's benefit.

I've been privileged to watch some great players in my time-they all had the right,consistent attitudes to harness to their undoubted skills.

Over to you Kris-if you stay injury free you should really be one of the first names on the Scotland team sheet-not a difficult objective as things stand.

Agreed. The boy has some sublime skills. His two goals against Middlesborough were top drawer as are most of the others. The question is, WHY is he not part of the Scotland setup? Could it be that it's not just Cloughie and Forest that see him as lazy? I think right now he is a wasted talent. Could be one of the greats for Scotland but can't be arsed. Will only be mildly disappointed if he leaves (like I was with Barnes). I trust NC to make the right decision here.

I think he won't be offered 'improved' terms.

The decision is merely whether to extend his existing terms with maybe a minimal inflationary increase in order to avoid losing him on a free.

I doubt whether he will be offered anything until the end of the season and therefore he will be free to talk to other clubs from Jan 2011.

I could see Billy wanting to poach him back a la Cloughie with John Robertson. I could also imagine him appealing to Sven at Leicester if he can hang onto his new job. Similarly Sheff Utd might be interested, but I agree with the person who said he won't go far.

I think Kris will be very disappointed with the above and probably will leave.

I hope his head doesnt start to drop because I really like him as a player. He has balance, skill and scores great goals. Its silly to expect him to do it for 90 minutes for 46 games. If he could do that he'd be playing for Barcelona.

He reminds me of Jeff Chandler who looked a world beater at times.

Arthur Cox seemed to bully him and in the end he drifted away.

Again there are similarities in the way Nigel behaves with Kris.

I think Nigel thinks he's a bit soft and already has his eye on Ben Davies as a replacement.

Prediction : Kris goes. Davies arrives July 2011.

He reminds me of Jeff Chandler who looked a world beater at times.

Arthur Cox seemed to bully him and in the end he drifted away.

Again there are similarities in the way Nigel behaves with Kris.

I think Nigel thinks he's a bit soft and already has his eye on Ben Davies as a replacement.

Prediction : Kris goes. Davies arrives July 2011.

Exciting player,Chandler.I remember a cup tie at Leicester when he was on fire until he got badly clattered.Never thought he came back the same player after that-didn't know about the Cox bullying though.

Exciting player,Chandler.I remember a cup tie at Leicester when he was on fire until he got badly clattered.Never thought he came back the same player after that-didn't know about the Cox bullying though.

He used to critical of him. Never seemed to give him much credit.

I remember the 6-1 cup win over Telford.

Jeff scored a brilliant hat trick - in fact two efforts very similar to Commons v Middlesbro except that Jeff cut in from the left to curve it in with his right foot, whereas Kris came in from the right using his left foot.

Anyway afterwards the players signed the match ball for him until Arthur apparently wrote on it that Jeff was a blo0dy disgrace for never having scored a hat-trick before. I think Arthur knocked him back so many times that in the end he crushed his confidence

Trevor Francis once said that he was a player who responded to an arm around the shoulder rather than a kick up the rear. I think Jeff was the same.

And I think Kris is too.

Jeff scored a brilliant hat trick - in fact two efforts very similar to Commons v Middlesbro except that Jeff cut in from the left to curve it in with his right foot, whereas Kris came in from the right using his left foot.

Anyway afterwards the players signed the match ball for him until Arthur apparently wrote on it that Jeff was a blo0dy disgrace for never having scored a hat-trick before. I think Arthur knocked him back so many times that in the end he crushed his confidence

Trevor Francis once said that he was a player who responded to an arm around the shoulder rather than a kick up the rear. I think Jeff was the same.

And I think Kris is too.

If Nigel thinks Kris needs the stick rather the carrot approach. Then his opinion has more weight than yours as he works with him on a daily basis. 5 goals in 11 games would suggest that this approach is working.

We can torture ourselves all weekend over whether Commons is going to be here next season or we can relax, have a glass of First Cape red wine, £3 a bottle from Tesco, (try not to worry about the 8 year olds forced to pick the feckin grapes) and consider the fact that he has started 3 games in a week and scored 3 sublime goals, leaving the Rams sitting nice and comfy with a two week break.

This team can continue to improve and that might just influence Kris's future plans more than owt else.

And I think Kris is too.

Remember that Telford game and hat trick comment now!Was it Arthur who said some young player would either do well or end up captaining a pub side?

haha i'm going to like you uttoxram :D

Almost as much as the Cape Red,probably.I'm off to Tesco tmw,Uttox.What's £3 in Euros?

just nabbed this from somewhere .....

Just got back from Swansea and have to say am pleased with the result. Swansea are a good side, but we matched them, and to be fair it could have gone either way. Had Pearson squared the ball earlier for Noble we would have had 3 points. Nevermind. The one thing I did find bizaare was Commons substitution, 5 minutes into the second half and he didnt look injured, infact he a gentle run down the side of the pitch and stayed next to the corner flag for nearly a quarter of an hour! Personally he looked like he didnt want to be sat on the bench, but who knows how he felt.

Remember that Telford game and hat trick comment now!Was it Arthur who said some young player would either do well or end up captaining a pub side?

yes it was either Ramage or Steve Hayward...don't know which pubs they played for though.:)

Is it some Clough "tough love"

His dad wasn't the ordinary type either, bet Young Clough got hauled off for no good reason by his dad aswell.

Maybe he's just not a Nigel Clough type of player. He took Bueno off too so maybe it just wasn't their type of game.

Who knows?

Archived