Do Derby want Commons ?

red fever

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I'd wade in.

There's no way we'd let commons go if he's playing well and motivated. Because we'd only then go and bring a loan player in on similar wages. Last year during our purple patch in Jan he was on fire and made the whole side tick. You can't replace that easily.

The big problem for me is his tendency to invite defenders to hack him down when he's running towards the box. It's a good ploy cos he often gets a free kick. Trouble is every 1 in 10 he gets carried off injured then we don't see him for 3 weeks.

Just train him to jump a foot higher and we're sorted

I think the fact that , despite widespread knowledge about his contractual status, we haven't had one serious offer for Kris says a lot and I strongly suspect that potential purchasers have a similar view of his shortcomings to Non- League Nigel. Commons has one good game in 4 or, 5 and that will not get him a Prem Club. N-L Nigel fully knows this and is keeping KC sweating to get the contractual terms for renewal down beneath his current deal.

Here we go with the non-league Nigel nonsense. You are of course entitled to your opinion even though it is one made out of ignorance and self delusion.

You decided that Clough was not up to the job the day he was appointed so to admit he may just have some football knowledge would make you look foolish and ridiculous. Therefore you consider it wise and witty to refer to a man in a derogatory fashion who may just be on the cusp of a remarkable turn around in our club's fortunes while spending next to nowt.

Barker, Brayford, Bailey and Cwyka would suggest to me that you are wrong and Nigel Clough, believe it or not, is a better manager than you are a poster.

Here we go with the non-league Nigel nonsense. You are of course entitled to your opinion even though it is one made out of ignorance and self delusion.

You decided that Clough was not up to the job the day he was appointed so to admit he may just have some football knowledge would make you look foolish and ridiculous. Therefore you consider it wise and witty to refer to a man in a derogatory fashion who may just be on the cusp of a remarkable turn around in our club's fortunes while spending next to nowt.

Barker, Brayford, Bailey and Cwyka would suggest to me that you are wrong and Nigel Clough, believe it or not, is a better manager than you are a poster.

Well said, sir. Nigel Clough will go down as one of the greatest managers in this club's history. Watch this space.

Having skimmed through this thread, I think that one of the main things might be Common's wages. He's a pretty high earner, so if he wants a new contract he'll have to prove that he's worth it, and I reckon that so far he's 60/40 in favour. Injuries aside, he's our best player.

The other option is letting him leave for free, and if that were the case, I guarantee you that a Premier League club would sign him. I seem to remember Stoke wanting him last season.

So I don't see the harm of offering him a new contract, on the same wages, as I just can't see us getting in anyone as talented as him.

Well bowled sir....think that might be a wicket

Welcome to the world of his lordship!!!

Non-League Nigel

Welcome to the world of his lordship!!!

It's amazing how 5-0 against a team with 10 men, and including Clod, has been met with such euphoria and treated as an endorsement for a "Manager" with one of the worst track records in this Clubs history and shored up by a Board of hopeless imposters. As if it couldn't get worse, the same fools are now hailing the great Shefqi as the new super hero. What next, the much hearalded return of our free scoring, sublime passing, midfield schemer from Glasgow nearing full fitness?

Commons has one good game in 4 or, 5

????? sometimes you have to wonder if we're watching the same games.

He played well v Leeds, Coventry, QPR, Palace, Middlesbro.....

For 60 mins I assume you mean?

I just don't get this anti-Commons thing....he destroyed Middlesbro and it only took him 10 minutes.....

????? sometimes you have to wonder if we're watching the same games.

He played well v Leeds, Coventry, QPR, Palace, Middlesbro.....

Not sure about the Coventry game there, otherwise I agree.

He always goes missing in games, but he's just so dangerous in those 30 minutes of the ninety that he gets really involved in.

Not sure about the Coventry game there, otherwise I agree.

He always goes missing in games, but he's just so dangerous in those 30 minutes of the ninety that he gets really involved in.

i dont think he goes missing at all. he's always available. always trying to cause problems.....but there are 11 players trying to stop him.

Archived