Do Derby want Commons ?

red fever

NIGEL CLOUGH has warned Kris Commons one wonder show will not guarantee him a new Derby deal.

Commons scored two goals in a sensational display to help see off Middlesbrough 3-1 on Tuesday.

His existing Rams contract finishes at the end of the season and Derby fans are desperate for the midfielder, 27, to stay.

But Pride Park boss Clough insists Commons needs to do more after being frustrated by hamstring problems last season.

Clough said: "He still has eight months remaining on his contract and there have been no talks about a new one yet. He is not going anywhere yet but we will have to see what develops in the next few months.

"We will have to see if he can produce something more like that on a regular basis.

"The thing with him is that he has to be more consistent with his displays.

"He has to put a run of performances together and get on the pitch more often.

"We don't just give up contracts easily. The point is that you have to earn contracts at any club."

Commons will be free to talk to clubs in January unless Derby agree a new package with the player.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He came to this point at Forest & we thought he would go. Don't think many clubs came in for him & he stayed in the end. The following season he went to Derby. The problem with him is he just does not play enough games. He has played on average 23 games a season over the last 10 years. It is a little bit more for Derby, but it clearly shows he's a risk going forward, if Derby or any other club are to offer him a contract they can see from his history that he gets injured a lot. great on his day & I would prefer him not to be lining up against Forest. But i would not want Forest to sign him again.

i think they are just saying we aren't going to be swayed by a handful of good performances he needs to work for his contract

^This

I think we already know that he will be offered a new deal partly to keep the fans happy after losing Hulse, Clough is just trying to make him work for it abit harder to prove he's worth it.

If he keeps scoring goals like he has been doing he will win more fans over which will = more shirt sales which will also = $$$.

Played every pre-season game, been involved in every league and cup games this season. I also recall you saying he doesn't score enough goals for us? 5 goals in 8 league starts making him the 5th top Championship goal scorer this season.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalScorers/0,,10794~20107,00.html

mmmm so put that in yer pipe n smoke it!:p

I think you will find he wants more money.I believe Clough doesnt get on with him too well,or Commons hates crosby (more likely).

I would like to keep him,but I think we will sell if a good offer comes in,as is the policy it seems now.

Good offer ?

He can sign for free in Jan, what fee do you think you would get for an ever injured player with a few months on his contract ?

Archived