Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

23 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I've always found the Amex OK. Booked parking in one of the University car parks a couple of times and got away no problem. On the train, I once got into Dick's Bar after the game and had a couple of pints before getting the train into Brighton and a second time got the train to Lewes, for which the queue is allot shorter, and had a couple of pints in Lewes before getting the train up to London. Coach, or trying to get a train back into Brighton straight after the game must be murder though. 

If you are staying in Brighton public transport to the ground is free on production of your match ticket.

49 minutes ago, Crewton said:

In a different town.... ? 

That got me thinking, how many clubs are actually in a different town ( or City) Brighton play in Falmer, Bolton in Horwich, Bournemouth in Boscombe, Grimsby in Cleethorpes and of course Notts forest should actually be called West Bridgford town.

14 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

If you are staying in Brighton public transport to the ground is free on production of your match ticket.

I know, and they open the bars in the concourses in the stadium after the game and serve a decent pint of Harvey's to encourage fans not to rush back to the station. I think they'd got it pretty well organised for an out of town stadium, but I haven't been there since they got promoted so not sure if anything has changed. 

24 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I know, and they open the bars in the concourses in the stadium after the game and serve a decent pint of Harvey's to encourage fans not to rush back to the station. I think they'd got it pretty well organised for an out of town stadium, but I haven't been there since they got promoted so not sure if anything has changed. 

There's been a reduction in the number of P&R sites and one car park has closed - Trains to/from Brighton are an absolute nightmare at the best of times but the problem these days is that more kick off time changes and the trains often don't accommodate this. It's definitely a stadium you have to plan your day around visiting....

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

That got me thinking, how many clubs are actually in a different town ( or City) Brighton play in Falmer, Bolton in Horwich, Bournemouth in Boscombe, Grimsby in Cleethorpes and of course Notts forest should actually be called West Bridgford town.

I think you've covered most of them. You could argue that in London, Chelsea play in Fulham and Millwall in Bermondsey, (Woolwich Arsenal in Islington!) but it's probably stretching the point a bit.

17 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think you've covered most of them. You could argue that in London, Chelsea play in Fulham and Millwall in Bermondsey, (Woolwich Arsenal in Islington!) but it's probably stretching the point a bit.

Port Vale not being an actual place and being located in Burslem. 

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

The stadium is in Brighton & Hove, the boundary kind of cuts through the middle of Falmer, parts of the car park etc are not in Brighton....

24 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yes they dropped the Woolwich name when they relocated.

2 hours ago, SKHunter said:

Getting all muddled up here. Sat in the pub is why. Anyroad, it's supposed to quote Crewton but made a balls of it. ??

It's OK, I got the reference. Not an ex-Railwayman, but worked for a Contractor doing building works for BREL at Horwich and had to visit site a few times. Can't recall going in the RMI though.

3 hours ago, Rich84 said:

What's the pre match drinking situation for Port Vale, looking on Google Maps it seems very little options close by.

Speaking to a Stoke based friend, there's a supporters social club located next to the away turnstiles. Small entry fee but food and drink is cheap. Usually very welcoming to away fans depending on police advise I'm told.

1 hour ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Speaking to a Stoke based friend, there's a supporters social club located next to the away turnstiles. Small entry fee but food and drink is cheap. Usually very welcoming to away fans depending on police advise I'm told.

Yep, we went in there when over for the friendly a few years ago. Good to chat to their fans.

Wonder if they'll let us in with such a big away following?