Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I liked to be stood up personal and I saw loads of people getting behind the lads. I saw one old man with a walking stick in front of me.

I don't see why fans who wanted to sit down could not go those seats at the side at portvale had no one In them.

I was at the side and there was no seats available near me. In fact, there were people doubling up because they couldn't get to their allocated seat and the gangways were full. I don't know where these empty seats were that you speak of - not on my side that's for sure.

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

But as I said seats down the side just in home section but no fans in them that could easily been used if stewards use common sence that could asked disabled or families with small kids if they like come in that section to sit down. I saw on youtube I do agree on derby fans going on the pitch needs to stop or it will spoil for fans who behave our selfs. But my dad tried go some were he throught he would not jumped on wrong but he found it funny but we was limps every were.

One lad in his 20s i thought he got pushed  over I held on to him but actully he drop his phone or fell out his pocket I said sorry to him he said it is alright he was just trying get to his phone.

This section of stand is unavailable to any hold supporters due to not having any turnstiles, refreshment stands or toilets. It only had the seats fitted a couple of years ago after being seatless for over 20 years due to lack of funds. The Port Vale supporters are still fundraising to finish off the project.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-lorne-street-stand-5555731

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

I was at the side and there was no seats available near me. In fact, there were people doubling up because they couldn't get to their allocated seat and the gangways were full. I don't know where these empty seats were that you speak of - not on my side that's for sure.

Well they right next to my dad but I looked I felt like getting people to move on the staris but then I get all the abuse but stewards not doing there jobs.

Even at the cinerma when place is busy lobby area outside the screen if loads are waiting for a screen to be cleaned I will check to see if anyone needs a hand if so I will job in and help and the get guests into the screen and on to the next.

I know this is off topic but what I am trying to say is who ever in charge of stewards if cant get sit yes leave them to stand but at least leave staris to clear of people standing on them.

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well they right next to my dad but I looked I felt like getting people to move on the staris but then I get all the abuse but stewards not doing there jobs.

Even at the cinerma when place is busy lobby area outside the screen if loads are waiting for a screen to be cleaned I will check to see if anyone needs a hand if so I will job in and help and the get guests into the screen and on to the next.

I know this is off topic but what I am trying to say is who ever in charge of stewards if cant get sit yes leave them to stand but at least leave staris to clear of people standing on them.

I agree about the stewards - they were only really there to stop people going on the pitch, and they failed at that when the winner went in. But then, they aren't paid enough to risk getting trampled by people who don't give a toss about rules. 

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

I agree about the stewards - they were only really there to stop people going on the pitch, and they failed at that when the winner went in. But then, they aren't paid enough to risk getting trampled by people who don't give a toss about rules. 

A few of them near where I was at the left near the noisy Port Vale fans only looked to be 12 years old. Handfuls of baby faced stewards, definitely wouldn't be able to stop a grown man, yet alone a 20 plus stone drunk charging at them.

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

Thing vale are not used support like ours was not enough of them.

Number probely used to 800 to 1000 not nearly 4k but if need extra stewards could have asked borrow some of derby county stewards were some clubs have done in the past.

49 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Thing vale are not used support like ours was not enough of them.

Number probely used to 800 to 1000 not nearly 4k but if need extra stewards could have asked borrow some of derby county stewards were some clubs have done in the past.

There were Derby stewards at Port Vale, likewise with the Derby football police, as there is for every away game. The club provide familiar faces to try to ease any tensions with the known troublemakers and those that persistently stand. The club intelligence allows the security to be handled in a mutually friendly way for all involved.

22 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I saw none of ours there on tuesday but they also no when people are well behaved.

They're quite easy to spot, the stewards wear their DCFC jackets with the ram badge on the front. The police wear similarly Derby identified clothing and their caps. There's quite a number that travel so I'm surprised you didn't see them.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I know one called Burney but I never saw her on tuesday maybe why never notice them then.

Bernie wasn't on duty but she was at the game, stood near us.

We had loads of stewards around us, even had our tickets checked in our seats to make sure we were sitting...sorry standing in the right place. Never had that at an away game before!