Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

27 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

why should they suspend online sales? what if you have a job and can't get to the ground at 10am?

Because it doesn't work having three ways of buying. It's almost impossible to buy online once the window opens so at least people know they have to ring to queue. 

14 minutes ago, sage said:

Because it doesn't work having three ways of buying. It's almost impossible to buy online once the window opens so at least people know they have to ring to queue. 

It does work it's just that it doesn't work very well when there are so many of us chasing so few tickets. No system would. I'd rather be logging on and keep pressing refresh than to ring up, find I'm number xxxx in the queue only to find out they're all sold when I get to the front.

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It does work it's just that it doesn't work very well when there are so many of us chasing so few tickets. No system would. I'd rather be logging on and keep pressing refresh than to ring up, find I'm number xxxx in the queue only to find out they're all sold when I get to the front.

If the system did that great, but it doesn't. My view is that until it works properly it shouldn't be used in these specific situations. 

I wasn't sure if was yourself who said memberships weren't oversold. 

Should there be a limit in your opinion? 

2 minutes ago, sage said:

If the system did that great, but it doesn't. My view is that until it works properly it shouldn't be used in these specific situations. 

I wasn't sure if was yourself who said memberships weren't oversold. 

Should there be a limit in your opinion? 

It was me who said I didn't think membership was oversold and I don't think there should be a limit.

Regarding the system working, I can only speak from personal experience.

I logged on bang on 10am and it said they were sold out. I refreshed a few times until seats appeared to be available so I tried to select them but, it turned out they weren't (probably because someone else was selecting them a millisecond before I did). So I rinsed and repeat until I was able to complete a purchase at 10:04. 

From my fortunate experience, I'd rather do that that ring up and wait in a queue.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It was me who said I didn't think membership was oversold and I don't think there should be a limit.

Regarding the system working, I can only speak from personal experience.

I logged on bang on 10am and it said they were sold out. I refreshed a few times until seats appeared to be available so I tried to select them but, it turned out they weren't (probably because someone else was selecting them a millisecond before I did). So I rinsed and repeat until I was able to complete a purchase at 10:04. 

From my fortunate experience, I'd rather do that that ring up and wait in a queue.

Perhaps our views are somewhat coloured by our differing success 

I’ve seen a lot of fans selling their tickets on Twitter because they can’t attend. They’ve bought the ticket to sell on and have another game added to their customer ID.

If you can’t get a ticket, don’t buy one off someone else. You’re just making the situation worse for yourself.

2 minutes ago, YoxallRam said:

I’ve seen a lot of fans selling their tickets on Twitter because they can’t attend. They’ve bought the ticket to sell on and have another game added to their customer ID.

If you can’t get a ticket, don’t buy one off someone else. You’re just making the situation worse for yourself.

Great thats cheered me up

11 minutes ago, YoxallRam said:

How many is a lot 

16 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

How many is a lot 

It's not just on Twitter. I have locally come across several supporters who don't have away memberships who have bought away tickets, including Fleetwood from friends who weren't going to the game. I have no idea who the away members are just those who bought the tickets from them. It's another flaw in the system but how an earth do you stop it? Simply you can't.

22 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

How can memberships be oversold? Yes there are more members than Cambridge tickets, but every member will get a Liverpool or MK Dons tickets 

it is £50 and you don't know how many memberships there are. Is it fair to pay £50 to get 2 more tickets over a season than you would have done without it. It;s a Dog Eat Dog World so i have to try get at least 5 games bought to have a chance for next season. 

50 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Anyone caught buying more tickets that is allowed should taken off them this one thing I dont agree with.

No one is buying more tickets than they’re allowed to (surely that wouldn’t even be possible). They are just buying the tickets they’re entitled to and then selling them on to someone else. I don’t agree with the practice but I don’t know how you can prevent it. Fortunately, I suspect it’s not widespread.