Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

I eventually got 3 seats for both Morecambe and Lincoln. This Geek ticket site is absolutely stressful and for senior citizens especially it should carry a health warning. I went in online at 10am and spent the next five minutes selecting seats for Morecambe. Each time when I continued it came up as seats  no longer available. By 1006 it was showing all areas sold out. I switched to Lincoln and that too was showing all sold out.

I kept checking every five minutes and at 1056 it showed both games seats available and I got what I wanted. We shouldn't have to put up with this crap.

5 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I eventually got 3 seats for both Morecambe and Lincoln. This Geek ticket site is absolutely stressful and for senior citizens especially it should carry a health warning. I went in online at 10am and spent the next five minutes selecting seats for Morecambe. Each time when I continued it came up as seats  no longer available. By 1006 it was showing all areas sold out. I switched to Lincoln and that too was showing all sold out.

I kept checking every five minutes and at 1056 it showed both games seats available and I got what I wanted. We shouldn't have to put up with this crap.

Glad you’re sorted.

4 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

I think showing the Sold Out symbol and then releasing a block is poor and very mis leading and will cost people tickets. 

I had a feeling that's what they were doing and hung around refreshing then 30 seats came up in block.

That’s why I put that information out last night, anyone logging on for the first time would not know the difference between a block being sold out and one not yet on sale.

12 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

This is exactly the problem I had v Shrewsbury which is why I went down to the office 

7 minutes ago, sage said:

This is exactly the problem I had v Shrewsbury which is why I went down to the office 

No idea why this is happening and not something I have had a problem with. I have just gone on now and clicked on a seat and it says it’s held for 20 minutes.??‍♂️As my 9 year old granddaughter told me, it’s just technology grandad.?

45 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

No idea why this is happening and not something I have had a problem with. I have just gone on now and clicked on a seat and it says it’s held for 20 minutes.??‍♂️As my 9 year old granddaughter told me, it’s just technology grandad.?

It's happening when the website is hit by peak demands for members seeking to buy tickets. The software simply can't cope with it. It never happened in the previous DCFC ticketing system.

Geek were the company contracted by either Wembley or the EFL to sell our ticket allocation for the Villa play-off final. Exactly the same thing happened then and getting your tickets was just as strenuous then. We didn't have that problem at all for the QPR final, which was seamless and I think that Ticketmaster was contracted on that occasion.

It's simple; the Geek system is crap and very user unfriendly.

When I collected my Morecambe and Lincoln tickets, I told them about all the problems we've had every game with the ticketing system. He seemed very surprised, as if no one else was reporting this.

Took my details but I'm not expecting to hear back from anyone.

Keep reporting it as we've got to make a noise if we want it changing! 

50 minutes ago, angieram said:

When I collected my Morecambe and Lincoln tickets, I told them about all the problems we've had every game with the ticketing system. He seemed very surprised, as if no one else was reporting this.

I reported it too. No response 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

That's like when you take your new car back when it goes wrong, only for the service manager to say 'It's the first time we've had that problem'. A quick Google search then shows everyone else with a FoGMVW MkIII Fiestra has the same problem.

11 minutes ago, sage said:

Lincoln sold out now. 

Can't be many left for Morecambe

49 seats left.

Beginning to get an idea of numbers of members now.Charlton went to general sale with about 1,800 sold.Mansfield ,Fleetwood and Shrewsbury were all similar numbers. Morecambe looks like selling out to members with 1,800 sold. Lincoln has sold out to members with just over 2,000. Next up is Cambridge where the allocation can be up to 2,600 which I think should satisfy all members and will probably make general sale.

Got my Morecambe & Lincoln tickets but only by constantly refreshing the site after finding to my horror all tickets had been sold just after 10am. Fortunately a couple more turned up a few mins later & I jumped on them. Our away support is pretty rabid at the minute, feel sorry for the poor sods waiting for them to hit general sale.

Up to 3 away trips now, only 2 more to get into an earlier category for next season (sure Hillsborough & Oakwell should be a breeze to get tickets for as a minimum)

E I E I E IO UP THE AWAY TICKETS PREFERENTIAL BUYING WINDOW WE GO

12 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Got my Morecambe & Lincoln tickets but only by constantly refreshing the site after finding to my horror all tickets had been sold just after 10am. Fortunately a couple more turned up a few mins later & I jumped on them. Our away support is pretty rabid at the minute, feel sorry for the poor sods waiting for them to hit general sale.

Up to 3 away trips now, only 2 more to get into an earlier category for next season (sure Hillsborough & Oakwell should be a breeze to get tickets for as a minimum)

E I E I E IO UP THE AWAY TICKETS PREFERENTIAL BUYING WINDOW WE GO

Yeah it’s weird!! In the past an away membership was pretty much only to guarantee you a forest ticket. Feels almost essential now. Was convinced I’d get tickets for at least one of these! Great support though. 

Mk dons, Barnsley and a few others should be able to get tickets for hopefully!