Mass Shooting at Texas Elementary School

Comrade 86

7 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

In Texas, it is illegal to own more than six dildos, but you can own as many guns as you want  and carry them in public 

This is not a joke

To right it should be illegal. Between four and six is the most any couple can find a use for at any one time.

8 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

In Texas, it is illegal to own more than six dildos, but you can own as many guns as you want  and carry them in public 

This is not a joke

Are dildo's on a register?

Do you have to sign anything when you purchase one?

Took the missus to the Private shop on Ossie Road once. She asked the assistant if she could have the large tartan one behind the counter.

Sorry love, he said, thats my flask.

8 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Is this a joke? 

7 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I think I got your gist, I just totally disagree.

I lived there for 14 years between the beginning of 2006 until the week before Trump lost to Biden in November 2020 I've followed US politics closely since the days of RR. 

Probably more so than the UK, even before I lived there.

Trump was a god to the far right but he was never bigger than the GOP, it just looked that way for a short period of time.

You think Mitch McConnell would have allowed tougher gun control? You have to be kidding me.

I literally cannot think of a single strong Trump ally who isn't massively in favour of the freedom to arm yourself to the teeth. 

Of course, he'd have had some Democratic support from swing states. But most would have said whatever he proposed wasn't enough and refuse to support him. That's just how it works over there, especially with Trump.

His support suffered with his change in stance over covid vaccinations because they didn't like his stance on covid vaccinations and not because because he lost. They were kicking off well before he lost.

Obviously we will never know, but if change is to happen I think it has to come from an inclusive leader not the most polarising one in living memory.

As for wanting to be loved.

I dunno about that, perhaps deep down, as we all do. But I never heard any qualified therapist say he was anything other than a raving narcissist and they tend not to worry too much about what others think.

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

What TV were you watching that made you think Trump could become a unifying President?  Could it have been Fox and Friends or maybe those more moderate middle of the road presenters Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity.

Humans quickly become acclimatised to the current situation and quickly forget. I think you're all thinking of the Donald Trump who left office, bitter and twisted and off on the extreme fantasist wing of the Republican party, and not the relatively recently declared Democrat who came to power. After the Sandy Hook massacre in late 2012 recently re-elected Obama made a speech demanding change.

How did Trump react? This is how:

image.thumb.png.52e0fedfeb9ac93c6ba255c6e3e016ec.png

When going for the Presidency, Trump couldn't run as a Democrat despite having been registered as one for many years. Why not? Because the Trumps and the Clintons were such good friends, their daughters best friends, and Hilary was obviously going to be running for the Dems. The only thing that matters to Trump is winning, so he had to go about winning the Republican nomination instead. And the problem is the party activists who largely choose are bonkers and very different to most ordinary GOP voters - these are the people you have to convince to win. So that's what Trump did. He destroyed all the other candidates and got the nomination. Did he believe all the things he had to say? Of course not - like an episode of The Apprentice (and as someone who sometimes works in entertainment TV I've watched every episode of Trump's remarkable show) it was solely about winning. The ultimate narcissist got his wish. But he would do anything to be liked and is *so* easily manipulable. The Dems had a chance to lure him back onto their side.

But the day after Trump's inauguration in 2017 there was the Women's March. A few weeks later there was the March for Science. Everything so polarized and full of hate on both sides. Trump saw that these fanatics on the left were never going to love him, so he stuck with the fanatics on the right instead. Chance missed.

52 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Humans quickly become acclimatised to the current situation and quickly forget. I think you're all thinking of the Donald Trump who left office, bitter and twisted and off on the extreme fantasist wing of the Republican party, and not the relatively recently declared Democrat who came to power. After the Sandy Hook massacre in late 2012 recently re-elected Obama made a speech demanding change.

When going for the Presidency, Trump couldn't run as a Democrat despite having been registered as one for many years. Why not? Because the Trumps and the Clintons were such good friends, their daughters best friends, and Hilary was obviously going to be running for the Dems. The only thing that matters to Trump is winning, so he had to go about winning the Republican nomination instead. And the problem is the party activists who largely choose are bonkers and very different to most ordinary GOP voters - these are the people you have to convince to win. So that's what Trump did. He destroyed all the other candidates and got the nomination. Did he believe all the things he had to say? Of course not - like an episode of The Apprentice (and as someone who sometimes works in entertainment TV I've watched every episode of Trump's remarkable show) it was solely about winning. The ultimate narcissist got his wish. But he would do anything to be liked and is *so* easily manipulable. The Dems had a chance to lure him back onto their side.

But the day after Trump's inauguration in 2017 there was the Women's March. A few weeks later there was the March for Science. Everything so polarized and full of hate on both sides. Trump saw that these fanatics on the left were never going to love him, so he stuck with the fanatics on the right instead. Chance missed.

If Trump was so much of an advocate for gun control, why did he roll back many of the gun restrictions introduced by Obama after the Sandy Hook shootings?

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Any more than 5 would be distinctly painful, I would guess

I've spent a good portion of Friday evening trying to work out the mechanics. Maybe the op allowed for this when he said "any" couple.

Anyroad, its took the pressure off worrying about how the Rams have been shafted by multiple devices.

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ok, so you think I'm thinking of the man prior to coning into power eh?

There was me thinking I was thinking about the man who I watched run Celebrity Apprentice for over a decade like a raving narcissistic lunatic.

The one that Penn Jillette and a comedian whose name escapes me came out and said he was a bully and a racist.

The one who took out a full page ad in the New York Times calling for the death penalty for the Central Park Five. Who by the way were letter exonerated. So that could have got a bit embarrassing if they had been executed.

Or the man who Richard Branson said he'd never met somebody so vindictive, or full of revenge in his life.

Or perhaps the one who had already paid a wife off a wife who had signed an affidavit accusing him of rape and who had had other accusations levelled at him and a truck load of rumours.

I could even have been thinking about the *Democrat* who went on Howard Stern and said he probably agreed with the invasion of Iraq only to deny it when it was (and still is) on tape for anybody to listen to.

Or the man who had gone bankrupt several times leaving a trail of misery and people out of pocket.

I was also thinking of the Trump who had to settle a class action case out of court in which he was accused of evicting black and immigrant minorities from his properties.

And I'm pretty sure I was thinking of the guy who called all Mexicans rapists and killers and questioned the ethnicity of an American Judge of Mexican heritage leading to him receiving death threats.

The reasons above, and many more things I'm sure I have forgotten about ,are why Dems refused to give him a chance. They knew what was coming.

The Trump we saw leave office was exactly the same Trump who entered office.

Trump running as a Republican had ZERO to do with his friendship with the Clinton's.

I have watched and listened to hundreds of hours of this and read hundreds of thousands of words and yet I have never heard anybody postulate such a theory.

Probably because it's utterly preposterous.

He's been a registered Republican since 2009 (so not sure what recently means in that context) and you cannot just abandon your Party and have any chance of winning the nomination unless you're a Libertarian.  Especially, when almost none of your policies align with that Party.

The Clintons could have endorsed him and stepped aside whilst showering him with rose petals and he'd still have been eaten up by Sanders. 

The Democratic Party would never, ever, have endorsed Trump and it had nothing to do with HRC.

Trump didn't miss a chance with the Democrats, he took the only one he had with the Republicans.

Oh, and finding a tweet among his tens of thousands where he takes a popular stance is like be pointing at a black swan and saying, 'see, I told you all swans were black'.

15 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Revisionist nonsense. You've fooled nobody bar yourself.