Any Rams in the Middle East?

NimonicRam

Moving out to the UAE in early June and just wondered if there were many Rams about out there and how you go about watching games?  RAMS TV Rest of the world subscription?

Would be up for grabbing a sparkling water ? and watching the match with a fellow Ram!

Cheers

On 13/04/2022 at 12:40, NimonicRam said:

Moving out to the UAE in early June and just wondered if there were many Rams about out there and how you go about watching games?  RAMS TV Rest of the world subscription?

Would be up for grabbing a sparkling water ? and watching the match with a fellow Ram!

Cheers

I’m in the South East. Maybe we could meet halfway sometime?

I left Muscat in 2019 after 4 happy years, now in Mexico City.
There are/were a couple of Rams fans in UAE, but none I found in Oman

RAMS TV is the way forward, although you can't watch matches that are dark markets only.
One thing to note is that if you are thinking of using a VPN, you do need to set up your VPN before you get there, as if UAE is like Oman, all the VPN sites were blocked.

On 15/04/2022 at 14:38, Quagga said:

RAMS TV is the way forward, although you can't watch matches that are dark markets only.
One thing to note is that if you are thinking of using a VPN, you do need to set up your VPN before you get there, as if UAE is like Oman, all the VPN sites were blocked.

Good knowledge! Appreciate the heads up!

On 15/04/2022 at 09:38, Quagga said:

Completely off topic, but Oman is the first place I’ve been that’s completely surprised me. Lovely place and people we’re more friendly than anywhere I’ve ever been!

Highly recommend.

9 hours ago, NimonicRam said:

I've never heard anybody say anything bad about Oman! Meant to be beautiful

Muscat is the most beautiful city I've lived in. The contrast between the blue sea on one side and the sheer bare mountains on the other. Plus the rules around buildings having to be certain colours and below a certain height just given a lovely uniformity versus the competing penis-like structures of Dubai / Abu Dhabi.
People were also very friendly and the whole country has a nice relaxed vibe to it. You could happily nip into a bar and see 2 men in full Omani dress happily enjoying a pint with no one caring (which is not the case elsewhere in ME).

We left because it was time but also because (and this is/was my main complaint) my wife had just had enough of the casual sexism. It's still very male dominated and gender segregated which I get culturally but personally think is a shame.