My Dream Ticket...

IslandExile

In the style of an American presidential election campaign, my "dream ticket" pairing would be:

- Kirchner as owner of the club.

- Derby City Council as owners of the ground.

So, I know there's a lot on here do not like Kirchner. After all, it was immature for him to shoot his mouth off the way he did. But we've all been frustrated with Mel, the EFL and the Administrators so it's kinda understandable. Not excusing it but I see why he might have freaked out.

He did seem interested, enough to attend games, wear the coat and put together a plan - that ensured the academy would remain a primary focus. Also, Wayne was on board with him, a factor which should not be underestimated.

I think the council recognise the importance of the club to the community. Their ownership of the ground would keep it relatively secure (especially compared to some of the alternatives).

Their rumoured involvement and the lowering of the overall cost of bidding for the club may be what has reignited Kirchner's interest, if the rumours are true.

So I'm backing a Kirchner-Council dream ticket.

Who would you prefer?

13 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

In the style of an American presidential election campaign, my "dream ticket" pairing would be:

- Kirchner as owner of the club.

- Derby City Council as owners of the ground.

So, I know there's a lot on here do not like Kirchner. After all, it was immature for him to shoot his mouth off the way he did. But we've all been frustrated with Mel, the EFL and the Administrators so it's kinda understandable. Not excusing it but I see why he might have freaked out.

He did seem interested, enough to attend games, wear the coat and put together a plan - that ensured the academy would remain a primary focus. Also, Wayne was on board with him, a factor which should not be underestimated.

I think the council recognise the importance of the club to the community. Their ownership of the ground would keep it relatively secure (especially compared to some of the alternatives).

Their rumoured involvement and the lowering of the overall cost of bidding for the club may be what has reignited Kirchner's interest, if the rumours are true.

So I'm backing a Kirchner-Council dream ticket.

Who would you prefer?

I can go with that

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Right now anyone who has derby best interests at heart.

Exactly B4.

A lot of people seem to dislike Kirchner for no other reason than he shot his mouth off when his bid was rejected. He only said what we're all saying: the Admins don't communicate and the cost of debts+ground is more than the club's current value.

But, many of those same people are hoping Ashley takes over. Yet, he seems to be biding his time to get the lowest possible price. Yeah, yeah successful business man etc but it hardly smacks of putting the club first does it?

The ground is a poison chalice. Pretty much anyone ever linked with us has wanted it as some sort of fantastical future development. 

Mel should be gifting it by means of apology for all this. DCC is probably the safest pair of hands short term, but eventually it does need to come back the the club and its owners.

As for owners it's anyone who can work with that. A responsibility for the club and its short term needs, not a future dreamer.