Phil Fodens mum

Tyler Durden

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

He should just let her hit him cus she's a woman 

I know a lad that gets battered by his Mrs regularly so I'm not down with that "man should never hit a woman" poo. 

She hit him, she got hit back. Exactly what you and I or anyone else should expect. 

Women and children are off limits, full stop. You're also conflating thuggery with domestic violence. They're different things. I also very much doubt you'd stand by and let anyone do that to your mother irrespective of your stand on domestic violence. You'd be in like Flynn, as would I.

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Women and children are off limits, full stop. You're also conflating thuggery with domestic violence. They're different things. I also very much doubt you'd stand by and let anyone do that to your mother irrespective of your stand on domestic violence. You'd be in like Flynn, as would I.

I didn't actually see the video in the OP. The video I saw wasn't as clear or it was my mates crappy screen

I dunno, I've been out on the town and seen what some gentle ladies do. I don't believe you would do well to not defend yourself. 

Is there a big difference between thuggery and domestic violence? Does it not take a full piece of poo to batter someone who they supposedly want in their lives? 

Did you ever see the video of the fella being harassed by the teenage girls outside a CoOp? Hitting him, kicking him. Just abusing some every day bloke doing his shop run. He eventually slaps one after taking a good couple of minutes of verbal and physical abuse as the teenagers follow him. 

That's both a child and a woman. 

Having 2 daughters and a wife I'm no bully and I'm scared for when my girls are out there. But I'm also well aware that women can take advantage of the chivalrous attitude. As can kids with the "I'm 15 you can't touch me"

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I didn't actually see the video in the OP. The video I saw wasn't as clear or it was my mates crappy screen

I dunno, I've been out on the town and seen what some gentle ladies do. I don't believe you would do well to not defend yourself. 

Is there a big difference between thuggery and domestic violence? Does it not take a full piece of poo to batter someone who they supposedly want in their lives? 

Did you ever see the video of the fella being harassed by the teenage girls outside a CoOp? Hitting him, kicking him. Just abusing some every day bloke doing his shop run. He eventually slaps one after taking a good couple of minutes of verbal and physical abuse as the teenagers follow him. 

That's both a child and a woman. 

Having 2 daughters and a wife I'm no bully and I'm scared for when my girls are out there. But I'm also well aware that women can take advantage of the chivalrous attitude. As can kids with the "I'm 15 you can't touch me"

So you're effectively comparing Foden's mum  to serial domestic abusers and feral street gangs and justifying her being assaulted on that basis. Yeh, that makes perfect sense. You're pressing my buttons now so I'm ducking out before I say something I regret.

So you're effectively comparing Foden's mum  to serial domestic abusers and feral street gangs and justifying her being assaulted on that basis. Yeh, that makes perfect sense. You're pressing my buttons now so I'm ducking out before I say something I regret.

No, I'm not comparing Foden's mum to anything 

Say whatever you like. I didn't compare Fodens mum to anything. I actually said I'd not seen the video properly and didn't realise she pushed him

I simply have a problem with the "man shouldn't hit woman" type poo. Or "real men don't hit women". 

Context is everything and you don't get to just say "women and kids are off limits" 

I gave a video you could probably find on YT as an example of why context matters and this chivalrous attitude is total bs. There's one in Derby of a woman punching a doorman it must be 10 times she keeps coming back. Kicking him. Then he shoves her head and she goes over and then he gets the "you can't touch her!!!" attack. 

As I said, happily married with wife and 2 daughters. Never touched my wife and never even tapped my daughters on the bum cheek. So I'm far from a bully. In fact my last taste of trouble was stopping some youths harassing some down syndrome bloke outside McDonalds. 

As I said before you said I justified the hitting of Foden's mum, I thought she hit him first as I'd not seen the video clearly as in the OP

8 minutes ago, Crewton said:

No-one said that a man shouldn't be able to defend himself from attack by a woman, absolutely no-one, but just like a man defending himself from another man, the response has to be proportionate. This wasn't. I hope he gets sent down.

Yes, that I agree with 100%. 

As I said, multiple times now, I didn't see that video above clearly. 

AndyInLiverpool made a comment about a real man or something. And 86 said women and children are off limits. 

But there are situations that change that surely? It's not as simple as real men don't hit women retort. 

If the "big" man who threw a forceful punch at a woman was one of the group who were harassing Foden in the first place then he is a w anchor of the highest magnitude and deserves prison time. Doesn't make one iota of difference that she shoved him, if he was harassing her and her son, then he's in the wrong, to then punch her is disgusting behaviour.

Hope he gets a bit back one day.

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yes, that I agree with 100%. 

As I said, multiple times now, I didn't see that video above clearly. 

AndyInLiverpool made a comment about a real man or something. And 86 said women and children are off limits. 

But there are situations that change that surely? It's not as simple as real men don't hit women retort. 

Whatever mate. Seriously, I can't be ducking arsed with you. If you need to believe that's what I meant all good, crack the duck on.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I know a lad that gets battered by his Mrs regularly so I'm not down with that "man should never hit a woman" poo. 

She hit him, she got hit back. Exactly what you and I or anyone else should expect. 

Or, you know, just walk away like a civilised person.

13 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

If the "big" man who threw a forceful punch at a woman was one of the group who were harassing Foden in the first place then he is a w anchor of the highest magnitude and deserves prison time. Doesn't make one iota of difference that she shoved him, if he was harassing her and her son, then he's in the wrong, to then punch her is disgusting behaviour.

Hope he gets a bit back one day.

I do agree. 

I should have watched the OP video before commenting. I thought it was the same video I'd already seen. I thought she'd punched him too

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Well I don't know Alpha but I once criticised a lady for her bad driving when she nearly  ran me over and she hit me. I didn't hit her back. She was  bigger than me, but that wasn't the reason I didn't hit her back.  

24 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well I don't know Alpha but I once criticised a lady for her bad driving when she nearly  ran me over and she hit me. I didn't hit her back. She was  bigger than me, but that wasn't the reason I didn't hit her back.  

I'm not suggesting you should.

But I'm saying if you did then all the "he hit a woman, what kind of man is he?!!" nonsense is wrong. 

If a bloke my age hit me, I'd hit him back 100%

A woman, a kid, elderly.... chances are slim to none. 

Cus despite what I'm saying, I'm not a dick. 

All I'm saying is context is everything and there's a time and situation where the judgmental chivalry nonsense needs to be cast aside

I wouldn't even mention it but as I said, I saw this video on my mates phone at work and I thought I saw her hit him and him hit her back. But that wasn't the case. 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

It depends how you criticised her I guess. If it was a mouthful of expletives then can understand the reaction.  Not saying it was by the way and not trying to cast aspersions. 

If it wasn't then that's assault. Simple as. Doesn't matter what gender. 

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I'm not suggesting you should.

But I'm saying if you did then all the "he hit a woman, what kind of man is he?!!" nonsense is wrong. 

If a bloke my age hit me, I'd hit him back 100%

A woman, a kid, elderly.... chances are slim to none. 

Cus despite what I'm saying, I'm not a dick. 

All I'm saying is context is everything and there's a time and situation where the judgmental chivalry nonsense needs to be cast aside

I wouldn't even mention it but as I said, I saw this video on my mates phone at work and I thought I saw her hit him and him hit her back. But that wasn't the case. 

I can vouch that Alpha is not a Dick. I understand his viewpoint but this particular Boden thing was caused by a few dheads who went after a young England footballer who was attending a boxing match. 

I've met Alpha and he is a sound bloke.