Kurt Zouma animal lover

Tyler Durden

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Okay, so where is he comparing? There’s more to the interview than that. He’a actually referring to the reaction of people calling for Zouma to be sacked etc. you’ve picked a snippet of an interview. 

Do you think what he's done is worse than racism? 

How can I tell without comparing the two? 

Or do you think it was a genuine question and doesn't have an opinion? He would like to be informed? 

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Do you think what he's done is worse than racism? 

How can I tell without comparing the two? 

Or do you think it was a genuine question and doesn't have an opinion? He would like to be informed? 

I watched the full interview, and my opinion his that he was interested in the reactions not the actions. 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I watched the full interview, and my opinion his that he was interested in the reactions not the actions. 

I can't think of a comment he could have made that compares it to racism more strongly. 

Other people have committed acts of racism and not lost their jobs, so why should Zouma? 

Is racism worse than animal abuse? Is animal abuse worse? How should we deal with those who commit either? 

Absolutely he was comparing them. 

I would expect he feels racism is worse than animal abuse, and I wouldn't disagree. Should we give stronger punishments for racism than animal abuse? Because if we should, why should Zouma be banned for his actions, like people are calling for? 

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I can't think of a comment he could have made that compares it to racism more strongly. 

Other people have committed acts of racism and not lost their jobs, so why should Zouma? 

Is racism worse than animal abuse? Is animal abuse worse? How should we deal with those who commit either? 

I would expect he feels racism is worse than animal abuse, and I wouldn't disagree. Should we give stronger punishments for racism than animal abuse? Because if we should, why should Zouma be banned for his actions, like people are calling for? 

Sticky ground here.   if someone is racially abused they can report it or punch someone in the face .  An animal doesn't have that recourse.

He should be banned or put in a room with some 12 foot bloke on steroids to throw him around.  The second one isn't an option unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sticky ground here.   if someone is racially abused they can report it or punch someone in the face .  An animal doesn't have that recourse.

I'm not saying that it's clear cut. 

But you'd have to compare the two to decide one way or another. 

15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

The trouble is racism covers a very wide variety of actual offences to rather imaginary offences .. there's even an inference that  people criticising Zouma for kicking the cat are racists because it's mostly white people that are criticising him. "Racism" of that kind is imaginary and I think kicking a cat is definitely worse than any such perceived "racism".. but not actual racism.

John Terry lost the England captaincy pending investigations of accusations of racist abuse and although acquitted at a criminal trial he was found guilty with lower burden of proof by the FA, and banned for four games. Fair enough. And if he had been found guilty in a criminal trial maybe the ban should have been a lot longer.

But how could it be possible for Zouma to escape a ban altogther, even accepting that his offence maybe lesser than Terry's (which maybe not all animal lovers would agree is a lesser offence). He shouldnt be sacked.. has anyone suggested he should be?

It's a comparison I'd prefer to not make, because it's very complex. Inherently I think human beings have more value than animals, so superficially I see a point in the argument. But as you say, there's a lot of nuances in the argument so it's not a simple comparison to make. 

I'm not saying that animal abuse is not serious - it is, and it's a sign of a warped mind. But I'd place acts that affect humans as more serious than similar acts that affect humans. 

If I'm comparing them. 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Okay, so where is he comparing? There’s more to the interview than that. He’a actually referring to the reaction of people calling for Zouma to be sacked etc. you’ve picked a snippet of an interview. 

If the intent wasn't to compare the two scenarios then why did he even mention racism at all?

Of course he was that why he dropped the comments about racism into his statement in the first place. Totally inappropriate. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

If the intent wasn't to compare the two scenarios then why did he even mention racism at all?

Of course he was that why he dropped the comments about racism into his statement in the first place. Totally inappropriate. 

Chris Packham made a more relevant comparison .. what if it had been his wife or girlfriend he had been kicking around the room?  And been videoed  whilst laughing and doing it too? Johnny depp's career has been wrecked for doing a lot less than that with his ex wife allegedly, yet has never been charged with any offence.

Most people (but maybe not Packham and others)  would say it's different if it's an animal , but even so.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Chris Packham made a more relevant comparison .. what if it had been his wife or girlfriend he had been kicking around the room?  And been videoed  whilst laughing and doing it too? Johnny depp's career has been wrecked for doing a lot less than that with his ex wife allegedly, yet has never been charged with any offence.

Most people (but maybe not Packham and others)  would say it's different if it's an animal , but even so.

Johnny Depps career was already in serious decline post Pirates of the Caribbean, the Amber Heard court case was effectively the coffin lid being nailed shut. 

Still don't understand the need for anyone to make comparisons, Zouma was filmed abusing an animal, simple. 

It's pretty horrible stuff and some of the reaction is baffling to say the least. I've seen quite a few relatively prominent journalists try to bring the question of race into the equation which is completely irrelevant when the issue is about a bloke abusing his pet. There's a long history in this country of animal welfare rights so it's hardly surprising when someone prominent is shown to have committed abuse that there is plenty of outrage to go around.  Personally, I'd suggest the cats are taken away, he's fined a significant amount and west ham bench him for a while tbh. 

20 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Johnny Depps career was already in serious decline post Pirates of the Caribbean, the Amber Heard court case was effectively the coffin lid being nailed shut. 

Still don't understand the need for anyone to make comparisons, Zouma was filmed abusing an animal, simple. 

That's true anyone who needs to make sequels of Pirates Of Caribbean is not doing well. But yes there's  too much whataboutery and I don't see how anyone can justify what he did and it's all captured on film.   

10 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's pretty horrible stuff and some of the reaction is baffling to say the least. I've seen quite a few relatively prominent journalists try to bring the question of race into the equation which is completely irrelevant when the issue is about a bloke abusing his pet. There's a long history in this country of animal welfare rights so it's hardly surprising when someone prominent is shown to have committed abuse that there is plenty of outrage to go around.  Personally, I'd suggest the cats are taken away, he's fined a significant amount and west ham bench him for a while tbh. 

Two out of three , but West Ham haven't suspended him. Maybe they fancy their chances of a Champions League qualification but that isn't  the point.  Mind you , Derby were similar with Lawrence and Bennett, money counts.  

13 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Two out of three , but West Ham haven't suspended him. Maybe they fancy their chances of a Champions League qualification but that isn't  the point.  Mind you , Derby were similar with Lawrence and Bennett, money counts.  

Yeah, the club probably aren't going to risk millions over this and will likely hope it's forgotten in a month.