Would putting season tickets on sale NOW fund us till the end of the season?

curb

It would be a big gamble for fans buying a ST not knowing who, or even if, we have an owner next season, but I’m sure the majority, like me, would purchase one to give us the breathing space, and scupper the EFL plan of pulling the plug without having to make a decision on the parasite’s claims against us.

33 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Good spot, but that’s understandable in normal circumstances, but if not selling them meant we went out of business, then it could be the best option. It’s just like a preferential bidder staking the money to keep us going, whoever buys us would know that money is already spent. They wouldn’t be putting any more in, it just means the money they would have put up would be needed next season. 

1 hour ago, curb said:

It would be a big gamble for fans buying a ST not knowing who, or even if, we have an owner next season, but I’m sure the majority, like me, would purchase one to give us the breathing space, and scupper the EFL plan of pulling the plug without having to make a decision on the parasite’s claims against us.

Not sure they can take payment - the credit card companies certainly wouldn’t be looking to assist

42 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not sure they can take payment - the credit card companies certainly wouldn’t be looking to assist

There are a lot of words and I haven’t studied it in detail but, I can’t see any mention of goods or services purchased from a business already being in administration being excluded from section 75 protection. So, if the administrators were able to start selling season tickets, and you could pay by credit card, I don’t think the credit card companies would have any choice but to abide by s75. 

So, I share your doubts that they could even commence sales unless they were able to hold the funds in some kind of escrow account until we exited administration. Obviously, that wouldn’t help with this years funding but that would be appropriate as we’ll need season ticket sales income to fund next season.

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I love derby and we get two season tickets each year but there's no way I would buy next season's until the future is secure and i know I'm not about to lose £1200 if it all falls through.

Where are you sitting to pay £600 for season ticket 

I've suggested that the administrators sell vouchers, which would be redeemable against season tickets, match tickets and online purchases.

The advantages of this are that the administrators wouldn't have to decide on season ticket prices, balances could easily be applied to customer numbers, fans could buy only as many vouchers as they feel that they're comfortable with risking and it would be not just season ticket holders who would be contributing. The monies would be immediately available and not ring fenced for each game.

Obviously there's a risk, which is why this idea allows fans to commit to only as much as they feel they can afford to lose, whether it be £10, £50 or £500.

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Have received a reply from another forum dealing with administration and section 75 credit card protection:-

Tricky one - it would be worth checking the small print of season ticket purchases to see what you're actually guaranteed to get, as this was quite a hot topic (certainly at my club) when fixtures were being played behind closed doors, as s75 only applies to a breach of contract.

Presumably many season ticket holders will want to know the situation before parting with their cash, so the club should clarify, but credit card providers would be reluctant to underwrite relatively predictable losses, so might, for example, withdraw card handling facilities from the club while in administration.