March on Parliament

Allestree Ram

It’s all feeling pretty helpless. The clock is ticking. I’ve seen the calls for marching to the EFL HQ in Preston which I have some time for. However, I think it needs to be direct pressure on the Government now. The fan led review in November called for an independent regulator for football and the Government have sat on their hands. EFL are corrupt. ‘Team Derby’ MPs are paying lip service and have had no impact so far. Sports Minister is silent.

Time for us all to march on Parliament.

We could broaden the march into wider anger about football governance if needs be. Get more clubs involved. Despite the idiots who want us to die, I reckon we’d get a great turnout. Options running out. 

(Mods-sorry to start a new topic, feel free to delete or merge, but we need to escalate out protests) 

I’m 38, season ticket holder of 35 years, we all need to mobilise. 

1 minute ago, Allestree Ram said:

It’s all feeling pretty helpless. The clock is ticking. I’ve seen the calls for marching to the EFL HQ in Preston which I have some time for. However, I think it needs to be direct pressure on the Government now. The fan led review in November called for an independent regulator for football and the Government have sat on their hands. EFL are corrupt. ‘Team Derby’ MPs are paying lip service and have had no impact so far. Sports Minister is silent.

We could broaden the march into wider anger about football governance if needs be. Get more clubs involved. Despite the idiots who want us to die, I reckon we’d get a great turnout. Options running out. 

(Mods-sorry to start a new topic, feel free to delete or merge, but we need to escalate out protests) 

You had a season ticket when you were 3 years old.

Fair play didn't know they had creches at the BBG then.

16 minutes ago, Allestree Ram said:

I'm in !

10 minutes ago, Allestree Ram said:

Limited options left. It may not work but the scenes in Derby ahead of the Birmingham game need to be taken to Parliament. 

Even if we only get 10% who came on the march in Derby it would still be a powerful message and help keep the pressure on.

A slight variation which requires fewer people than a protest march ...

If you create a handwritten petition to the Prime Minister, even with only one signature on it, your MP can arrange for you to hand deliver it to 10 Downing Street.

(If the rules haven't changed.)

There's also a holding pen opposite Downing Street that protest groups seem to be able to "book" to wave flags and chant and use megaphones and whatever.

So, that might be an option for a few hundred people to protest (near parliament) with a photo op at 10 Downing Street.

Then everyone could head to parliament and lobby their MPs in central lobby.

10 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

A slight variation which requires fewer people than a protest march ...

If you create a handwritten petition to the Prime Minister, even with only one signature on it, your MP can arrange for you to hand deliver it to 10 Downing Street.

(If the rules haven't changed.)

There's also a holding pen opposite Downing Street that protest groups seem to be able to "book" to wave flags and chant and use megaphones and whatever.

So, that might be an option for a few hundred people to protest (near parliament) with a photo op at 10 Downing Street.

Then everyone could head to parliament and lobby their MPs in central lobby.

I think we should get 500-1000 fans to go down to parliament if it was organised and pushed on the socials

22 minutes ago, Allestree Ram said:

Agreed. Maybe more. I get it would cost £££££ but we can arrange group transport. Crowd fund the travel. Maybe Wayne will put a few coaches on for us?! ?

If we got a bus or a few mini buses organised we would only have to pay 20 quid each or something like that.

I went on the Parliament Square protest for the cladding scandal last year, something that affects vast numbers of people in the country. At most there a couple of hundred there. It was disappointing and embarrassing. It's good people are coming up with ideas because times are desperate, but I don't believe this would have a big turnout. I suggest what we need are media-savvy eye-catching things to get the media reporting on us because it's good copy. All they care about is the "story". 

34 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Or away fans around Middlesbrough /riverside on 12th? At least you have fans there already

But nobody in the world will see any protest we have in Fiddlesbrough because of all the cheating smog in the air, and cameras and any other recording equipment are not allowed in Fiddlesbrough because nothing can be seen except very thick cheating smog.

Fiddlesbrough will be holding their own regular protest anyway, lots of empty pink seats at the riverside as usual as their own fans would rather go shopping and stand all day long at a greasy van waiting to eat more horrendous parmos in the thick cheating smog.

And Steve Gobson will not be attending the Fiddlesbrough v Derby County fixture as he and some hairdresser will be very busy in the thick cheating smog sorting his hair out.

2 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

But nobody in the world will see any protest we have in Fiddlesbrough because of all the cheating smog in the air, and cameras and any other recording equipment are not allowed in Fiddlesbrough because nothing can be seen except very thick cheating smog.

Fiddlesbrough will be holding their own regular protest anyway, lots of empty pink seats at the riverside as usual as their own fans would rather go shopping and stand all day long at a greasy van waiting to eat more horrendous parmos in the thick cheating smog.

And Steve Gobson will not be attending the Fiddlesbrough v Derby County fixture as he and some hairdresser will be very busy in the thick cheating smog sorting his hair out.

It's a long way from Inverurie, it's a long way to go.

6 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

A Permo?  

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I went on the Parliament Square protest for the cladding scandal last year, something that affects vast numbers of people in the country. At most there a couple of hundred there. It was disappointing and embarrassing. It's good people are coming up with ideas because times are desperate, but I don't believe this would have a big turnout. I suggest what we need are media-savvy eye-catching things to get the media reporting on us because it's good copy. All they care about is the "story". 

This 100 times over. The media only care about the plight of our club when it's a newsworthy item in their eyes.