The Key to Problem

Think the support we are getting is good but the key is Gibson... He clearly isn't appealing to principles or doing the right thing...

Do we need to come up with a solution as a fans forum to engage Middlesbrough fans and their forum?

In particular:

1. See how many fans actually agree with his actions? Do they do polls? 

2. If 1 is in our favour see if we can illustrate this to Gibson so he is not acting in the fans view of their best interests (like the European Super League- most owners thought the fans would agree and it benefitted their personal agenda, without the fans agreement and mass disagreement the agenda wasn't worth it)

3. Do we need a 2nd petition for Middlesbrough fans to push their own club/owner to do the right thing

4. Can we actually create issues within his own fan base of people commenting, protesting, pushing that this is not how they want Middlesbrough to be ran/ perceived to the wider football community

Ultimately if they don't agree and it goes South it will put Middlesbrough on the map for all the wrong reasons.

I get the impression if that worked and fell that Wycombe both don't have the money to fight a case themselves so are probably hoping for Boro to storm and set precedent and;

Don't really have the same passion to go through with it and would probably react to a 'larger' club u turning on the issue?

Plus I would expect considering the numbers involved stumping up the Wycombe claim is less than 20% of the issue stumping up the Boro claim or buying us would cost to a potential owner.

I thought the same. If we can get the Middlesbrough fans on side, then they will have more power over Gibson. I've read a bit of the Boro forum, and some think that blaming us for their failed promotion that season is just an excuse. They ultimately messed up their promotion bid. 

16 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Do we need a 2nd petition for Middlesbrough fans to push their own club/owner to do the right thing

I've said elsewhere but I don't know how else to express this, please no second petition! I will have absolutely no effect other than to dilute the support the first one. It would be quite detrimental.

Boro fans are very pro Gibson and anti Derby. The general sentiment looking online is most agree with Gibson’s course of action or are not bothered either way. In any case, Gibson probably doesn’t care what Boro or Derby fans think anyway about this - he wants money and would not be upset to see Derby out of business I’m sure. 
Also I’m not sure trying to appeal to Gibson will work. Derby are fighting for their existence. Action needs to be taken. No grovelling etc. Derby need to stand up to Gibson and say no. I couldn’t care less what Boro fans think and neither I’m sure would the majority of other Derby fans. 

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope

4 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Boro fans are very pro Gibson and anti Derby. The general sentiment looking online is most agree with Gibson’s course of action or are not bothered either way. In any case, Gibson probably doesn’t care what Boro or Derby fans think anyway about this - he wants money and would not be upset to see Derby out of business I’m sure. 
Also I’m not sure trying to appeal to Gibson will work. Derby are fighting for their existence. Action needs to be taken. No grovelling etc. Derby need to stand up to Gibson and say no. I couldn’t care less what Boro fans think and neither I’m sure would the majority of other Derby fans. 

I haven't seen a member of the press or anyone online who can see a scenario where he takes a penny

37 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Think the support we are getting is good but the key is Gibson... He clearly isn't appealing to principles or doing the right thing...

Do we need to come up with a solution as a fans forum to engage Middlesbrough fans and their forum?

In particular:

1. See how many fans actually agree with his actions? Do they do polls? 

2. If 1 is in our favour see if we can illustrate this to Gibson so he is not acting in the fans view of their best interests (like the European Super League- most owners thought the fans would agree and it benefitted their personal agenda, without the fans agreement and mass disagreement the agenda wasn't worth it)

3. Do we need a 2nd petition for Middlesbrough fans to push their own club/owner to do the right thing

4. Can we actually create issues within his own fan base of people commenting, protesting, pushing that this is not how they want Middlesbrough to be ran/ perceived to the wider football community

Ultimately if they don't agree and it goes South it will put Middlesbrough on the map for all the wrong reasons.

I get the impression if that worked and fell that Wycombe both don't have the money to fight a case themselves so are probably hoping for Boro to storm and set precedent and;

Don't really have the same passion to go through with it and would probably react to a 'larger' club u turning on the issue?

Plus I would expect considering the numbers involved stumping up the Wycombe claim is less than 20% of the issue stumping up the Boro claim or buying us would cost to a potential owner.

I'd probably disagree with this stance. Gibson thinks he's standing up for his club & the money he feels he can exhort from Derby will go nicely to repairing the damage from Covid and funding a playoff push. There is zero chance of him withdrawing it & efforts to convince fans of a club who stand to benefit will be wasted energy IMO.

The emphasis needs to be on applying pressure to the EFL to show some decency in their application of the insolvency rules and how they are giving precedence to these claims (i.e. stop threats of expulsion/stop frustrating the sale) & Mel Morris to provide the indemnity that he owes the preferred bidder after the mess he left. If both those things happen, Gibson becomes irrelevant.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

12 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

He would be upset if Derby went out of business, because that would mean no money from us. According to press reports, Mike Ashley is going to have a meeting with him.

15 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

In the whole British business world a buyer can bring a business out of administration - except it seems in the EFL - I do think the government needs to take a grip on this 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

In the whole British business world a buyer can bring a business out of administration - except it seems in the EFL - I do think the government needs to take a grip on this 

Yes this is key. I find it hard to believe that the EFL can operate in such an autocratic manner and answer to no one.  My concern is that they may only be investigated after something has gone seriously horribly wrong. By which time it would be too late to save DCFC and it would be another 'lessons learned' scenario.