The young players from the academy who are coming into the first team..

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Ramrob said:

Well, I never knew that WanChope. Learn something new everyday. ?

Thought you’d made a Freudian slip and were a closet Forest fan! ?

No, he was a coach for under 18s I think. Possibly younger groups too. He told me he had to have emergency non DCFC clothing in his car for when he returned to Notts and he kept forgetting and getting funny comments! 
His son Lewis was also at DCFC. 

I'd suggest the ultimate thanks should go to Lionel Pickering and the people around him at the time, late 1990s into the 2000s, for putting things in place for the academy we have now. Not only did he manage to make the move to Pride Park, he also wanted the academy to succeed. Wasn't he instrumental in getting it set up at Morley?

Edited by Simmo’s left foot
Spelling!

4 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Credit also to people like Des Walker who really helped develop the teenage talent. 
Wassall has done a great job and it’s amazing to see so many youngsters given their chance, even though some of it has been enforced with embargo etc. 

Des “put the cones out” Walker?

What good MM did has been completely undone. Ebosele, Williams, and Plange are all free in the summer. Going into league one with a small squad gives current and potential players a stronger negotiating position.

The man deserves no credit, a disgrace of a fan and a shambolic custodian of our club. Walsall, Lyons, Scott and the others working in the academy deserve the credit and Nigel Clough for bringing them to the club.

28 minutes ago, Simon84 said:

What good MM did has been completely undone. Ebosele, Williams, and Plange are all free in the summer. Going into league one with a small squad gives current and potential players a stronger negotiating position.

The man deserves no credit, a disgrace of a fan and a shambolic custodian of our club. Walsall, Lyons, Scott and the others working in the academy deserve the credit and Nigel Clough for bringing them to the club.

Well I agree that the academy work has been undone and that Morris takes a lot of blame for that. But really if you credit Wassall and co for success of academy but not Morris by the same token you have to blame Rush, Clement , Mac , Lampard and co for their poor signings and selections. Ultimatley Morris was paying the bills and so he takes the credit for the academy and the blame for all the poo signings for the first team squad.

1 hour ago, Simon84 said:

JFYI, Ebosele is under contract until June 2023. 

50 minutes ago, Crewton said:

JFYI, Ebosele is under contract until June 2023. 

I thought he was 1 of the 2 that had to sign new contracts from last July and we have only been allowed to sign on 1 Yr deals, the other lad, Archie Brown went abroad didn't he?

Edited by Rich84
Added name

40 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

I thought he was 1 of the 2 that had to sign new contracts from last July and we have only been allowed to sign on 1 Yr deals, the other lad, Archie Brown went abroad didn't he?

I believe he signed a one year extension of his existing deal, which had a year to run. Archie Brown's contract was running out and he chose to go to a Swiss club instead of signing a new deal. I don't think those deals were subject to the embargo. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I believe he signed a one year extension of his existing deal, which had a year to run. Archie Brown's contract was running out and he chose to go to a Swiss club instead of signing a new deal. I don't think those deals were subject to the embargo. 

On the DCFC website only them 2 were stated as being offered new contracts and the rest of that group were released, apart from transfer market, which i am always dubious off, no where does it suggest beyond this summer, it's also been reported several times that he's one of the grp out of contract in 2022.

Also, if it was an extension, why would Archie have been able to leave as they were in same position,  Festy's own Insta suggested only 4 days before the end of June that he had signed and was staying for another year.

This is the biggest reason we need new owners sorting to get the youngsters signed up for longer than 1 Yr....

I guess we'll find out for sure fairly soon, but back in September the Mirror article linked below listed him as one of only 8 players contracted "beyond next summer". 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Derby-players-contract-firesale-administration-25048709.amp

I guess they could have simply noted the players contracts as listed on Transfermarkt, which could as you say be wrong, but I've not seen anything authoritative on the subject that clears the confusion up.