Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

43 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

That’ll be him off to Snotts or York’s then next season ??

He's contacted to the end of next season, so probably not. He's got a lot of improving to do before he'd break into the Notts team, though there bowling attack is aging, so at the end of next season maybe, he is a Nottingham lad.

48 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Finally bowled them out for 226, after 2 lengthy partnerships for the last 2 wickets.

A convincing win to get us going in the competition.

The lineups show just how undervalued the competition is though….theirs especially was effectively a reserve team. Still a good performance though…

Great win. Thoroughly deserved. The Essex commentator was very complimentary about Derbyshire. A good watch - I love the YouTube coverage. Great idea whoever brought that in as I will end up going down much more this season because of it. Anyway - up and running and Masood to return! 

21 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Sam Conners called up to the England Lions squad to play a 4 day game against South Africa next week.

The Mickey Arthur effect I reckon.

If he isn’t in the starting X1 presumably he will be back for the Hants game ?

11 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Great win. Thoroughly deserved. The Essex commentator was very complimentary about Derbyshire. A good watch - I love the YouTube coverage. Great idea whoever brought that in as I will end up going down much more this season because of it. Anyway - up and running and Masood to return! 

Yes, especially towards Guest. Also made it clear 9 or 10 times that Essex should have batted first ?

13 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The lineups show just how undervalued the competition is though….theirs especially was effectively a reserve team. Still a good performance though…

It’s sad to see the competition being so undervalued. At the same time, the 18 year old who came in at number 10 and smashed it to all parts probably doesn’t get a sniff if they have a full squad....though of course let’s have less games so players like that don’t get a chance ?