Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

More positive news, we beat Notts in a T20 warm up match, classified as a seconds game, but both teams fielded strong teams. The Derbyshire 11 could very well be the team on Friday, though I’d expect Alex Thomson to come in.

Great to see Harry Came top scoring with 50.

George Scrimshaw took 5 wickets too.

E06BA6CB-5B60-4E5F-A855-0B1D11242A81.png

Edited by jimbo jones

New overseas signing, 25 year old Australian all rounder Hayden Kerr.

Doesn’t replace Lakmal’s experience, and given the lack of it in our bowling attack that’s an area of concern, but this is an exciting signing. Especially for the T20, after Kerr starred in the recent Big Bash over in the land of Kangaroos.

ACDA89D7-BEEB-4141-AAE5-876B032B60FE.jpeg

12 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

New overseas signing, 25 year old Australian all rounder Hayden Kerr.

Doesn’t replace Lakmal’s experience, and given the lack of it in our bowling attack that’s an area of concern, but this is an exciting signing. Especially for the T20, after Kerr starred in the recent Big Bash over in the land of Kangaroos.

ACDA89D7-BEEB-4141-AAE5-876B032B60FE.jpeg

Yes, excellent prospect. Available for all formats.

9 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Difficult to see who the 3 will be that miss out ? Probably plump for Came, McKiernan and Cohen….

Assuming Reece and Dal are ready to go, that's the 3 I have missing out. Though I would quite  like to see Came and McKiernan play. It's nice to have options ?

Here's the team.

It’s Hughes, Dal and Cohen who miss out. You would think Dal is because of fitness. Slightly surprised Hughes doesn't play, his variations when bowling have been very useful in the past.

I do like Came opening, I think he could be a good white ball opener.

A909B0C8-E748-4EE8-B610-FECAEFCF5334.jpeg

Typical. End of either the 14th I put a tenner on us at evens, then an absolute slog fest.

Awful bowling. I counted one Yorker. We simply kept on pitching it up doing the same thing over and over again.

13 sixes in their inning. One by us so far.

Heck of a lot to work on here.

47 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Typical. End of either the 14th I put a tenner on us at evens, then an absolute slog fest.

Awful bowling. I counted one Yorker. We simply kept on pitching it up doing the same thing over and over again.

13 sixes in their inning. One by us so far.

Heck of a lot to work on here.

You don't see many workers anymore, I guess because if you don't get it exactly right that ball is going out of the park.

Stunning effort by Brooke Guest to get us so close. I'm sure he thought he had a free hit when he got out and I'm.not really sure why it wasn't but they change the rules that often, who knows ?‍♂️

Paid the price for losing wickets too regularly in the end.

Not up on the rules so sorry if obvious, but why was it not a free hit after the no ball when Guest was out? Some no balls are automatic free hits, others not? Is the umpire supposed to make it clear to the batsman?

7 minutes ago, dabber said:

Not up on the rules so sorry if obvious, but why was it not a free hit after the no ball when Guest was out? Some no balls are automatic free hits, others not? Is the umpire supposed to make it clear to the batsman?

Apparently, you don't get the free hit from a no ball for a short ball that pitches and goes to high. I believe you only get it for the beamers and over stepping.

I thought a no ball was a no ball myself ?‍♂️ 

24 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

You don't see many workers anymore, I guess because if you don't get it exactly right that ball is going out of the park.

Stunning effort by Brooke Guest to get us so close. I'm sure he thought he had a free hit when he got out and I'm.not really sure why it wasn't but they change the rules that often, who knows ?‍♂️

Paid the price for losing wickets too regularly in the end.

They definitely didn’t signal free hit, they signalled a wide ball but the score went up by 2?

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

They definitely didn’t signal free hit, they signalled a wide ball but the score went up by 2?

The umpire signalled wide and then changed it to a no ball, I assume.after a signal from the square leg umpire...and then carnage ensued and no one knew what was happening ?