Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

2 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

I'm incredulous that you lot have remained so loyal. I had no idea it'd been that long. I'd have hailed a cab several years back.

Hopefully you won't be waiting so long for the next win! 

Well, we have won at Chesterfield in those barren years, so that helps a little.

12 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Not worth starting a new thread but..

There's slow scoring and slow scoring.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/articles/cj08epv1ejlo

There must have been some chances to make a run and he obstinately chose not to? (At a guess, not having been there, but it defies logic that it would not be some easy chances to jog down the other end).

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

There must have been some chances to make a run and he obstinately chose not to? (At a guess, not having been there, but it defies logic that it would not be some easy chances to jog down the other end).

He must have edged down to third man at some point 🤣

The article in the DET sheds a different light on this story.

Turning down singles, not letting kids bat, all in protest at the opposite team ranking up runs.

The guy who did it sounds a bit of a fool really.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

The article in the DET sheds a different light on this story.

Turning down singles, not letting kids bat, all in protest at the opposite team ranking up runs.

The guy who did it sounds a bit of a fool really.

That was clearly the intention of that article, which I found to be pretty poor.

On 26/08/2024 at 11:10, jimbo jones said:

Seconds have started a game against Lancashire today with DuPavillon, Moore, and Thomson all in the team.

DuPavillon took 5 wickets (4 bowled) in the first innings. Neither him or Moore are bowling in the second innings which makes me wonder if both will be in the squad that goes to Sussex.

It has been confirmed that Sam Conners will leave at the end of the season. 

It will be interesting to see where he goes. I wonder if a lack of T20 opportunities is a factor. 

Durham have announced he's signed for them.

Edited by jimbo jones

25 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

It has been confirmed that Sam Conners will leave at the end of the season. 

It will be interesting to see where he goes. I wonder if a lack of T20 opportunities is a factor. 

Durham have announced he's signed for them.

Good luck to him. Always a tad expensive in the T20 and 1 day format. Hopefully Aitchison will be back next season 😊

17 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Good luck to him. Always a tad expensive in the T20 and 1 day format. Hopefully Aitchison will be back next season 😊

Never quite found the consistency with the red ball either for me.

Aways felt Brown was signed to replace him and with Moore coming through as well we have plenty of options, especially if Aitchison can get fit 🤞

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Never quite found the consistency with the red ball either for me.

Aways felt Brown was signed to replace him and with Moore coming through as well we have plenty of options, especially if Aitchison can get fit 🤞

The Auntie Beeb article seems to be leaning firmly towards "Conners wants to play with and against better players", i.e. Conners thinks he's too good for Derbyshire.

22 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

DuPavillon took 5 wickets (4 bowled) in the first innings. Neither him or Moore are bowling in the second innings which makes me wonder if both will be in the squad that goes to Sussex.

Both are in the squad. 

1-8 picks itself, then its 3 from Moore, Brown, Dupavillon, Morley, and Potts.

I always like a frontline spinner, so I'd play Morley. If he impresses again we should look to extend his loan and even enquire about making his stay more permanent.

IMG_6825.jpeg

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

The Auntie Beeb article seems to be leaning firmly towards "Conners wants to play with and against better players", i.e. Conners thinks he's too good for Derbyshire.

I'm not sure how he thinks that will improve his economy. Maybe a better bowling coach would though?