Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Moore with 3-44 off 9 overs. Won't get to bowl another while Chappell is getting smacked around isn't great captaincy from Samit, when he's otherwise got everything else spot on.

Quick, predict that we'll be all out for less than 100!

In all seriousness, I agree. Chappell had been a tad unlucky, but seemed to have lost his head a bit.

Seems like there's quite a bit in the pitch, especially for the spinners, which is a concern. We'll need to bat well as a team. One or two good displays, whilst the rest flail around like dervishes won't cut it.

Edited by Anon

3 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

Just turned it on to see some handy keeping from Guest to finish their innings. What is the pitch like? Is this target getable? Considering our batting probably not?

Chasable if you bat well. We need to have the sense to know we don't need to try and smash the ball to all parts chasing that total…*cough* Samit *cough*

5 minutes ago, Anon said:

Quick, predict that we'll be all out for less than 100!

In all seriousness, I agree. Chappell had been a tad unlucky, but seemed to have lost his head a bit.

Unfortunately the type of bowler he is, if he gets it slightly wrong its flying to the boundary. Good last over though.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

We bat down to 10 in this team with some decent hitters to come to get the run rate up.

Now to become a Middlesex fan (in hope)

Lloyd worrying me a bit with the amount of balls he's chewing up, but yeah plenty if batting. Think we just need to see of Raine.

27 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Lloyd worrying me a bit with the amount of balls he's chewing up, but yeah plenty if batting. Think we just need to see of Raine.

Since this comment Lloyd started playing gloriously, then just drilled one straight to mid off…who drops it. Key moment…maybe?

There will be no favour from Middlesex who are now 9 down.

The batting not turning up against Kent in a game we should have won and the thrashing against Hampshire which swung the run rate is what has cost us. I don't know how much more than the 152 we managed would have made a difference, but I suspect putting another 100 on and making it a respectable score might have been enougn 

Edited by jimbo jones

27 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

the thrashing against Hampshire which swung the run rate is what has cost us. I don't know how much more than the 152 we managed would have made a difference, but I suspect putting another 100 on and making it a respectable score might have been enougn 

To have finished above Hampshire, then Derbyshire fell short by:

0.191 - 0.048 = 0.143 runs per game

0.143 x 8 games x 50 overs = 57.2 runs

So 29 more runs in that game would have done it, as that would add 29 to the Derbyshire NRR calculation and deduct 29 from the Hampshire NRR calculation.