Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

13 minutes ago, Carnero said:

20 year old Archie Harrison scored 126 off 121 balls today against Sussex. Released by Derbyshire last summer 😂

Couldn't believe it at the time. Given first team opportunities at 18 and shown the door at 19 🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

What’s happening with them this year? I haven’t paid as much attention to the cricket as I have in previous years, but they look like they’re going backwards despite the positive steps forward taken in previous seasons.

Poor recruitment, particularly with the overseas players, good players leaving, and what seems to be a lack of leadership and direction on and off the field probably sums it up.

15 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Dal maybe can be added? Patel?

I was reminded that Dal has been/is absent due to personal reasons.

Meanwhile Patel was playing for Derbyshire club team Cutthorpe on Saturday and Sunday 🤷‍♂️

Ross Whiteley officially named as the one day cup captain.

I'm thinking this means Samit isn't playing in this. It also means 3 different captains for 3 different competitions…if that's not an indication that things aren't right I don't know what is.

Squad for the first one day cup game is in and I'm scratching my head a bit.

Samit is in the squad, and so is Chappell and Moore. No room for DuPavillon who was the only bowler who bowled well against Cheshire. I wonder if we will sign anymore overseas to carry drinks around 🤷‍♂️ Thomson not in the squad either.

With lots of all rounders in the team, I’d stack the batting and go with this.

Came

Reece

Lloyd

Bin Naeem

Lamb

Patel

Whiteley

Wagstaff

Chappell

Moore

IMG_6518.jpeg

6 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Samit is in the squad, and so is Chappell and Moore. No room for DuPavillon who was the only bowler who bowled well against Cheshire. I wonder if we will sign anymore overseas to carry drinks around 🤷‍♂️ Thomson not in the squad either.

Came

Reece

Lloyd

Bin Naeem

Lamb

Patel

Whiteley

Wagstaff

Chappell

Moore

IMG_6518.jpeg

Thompson is going to be out for a month or so with a side strain and Dupavillion has a shorter-term ankle injury….

18 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Came

Reece

Lloyd

Bin Naeem

Lamb

Patel

Whiteley

Wagstaff

Chappell

Moore

IMG_6518.jpeg

I like your thinking. 11 batters (or players who can bat) - should see us to 200 

🤣