Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

3 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

“Mediocrity is not for us”  I love Mickey Arthur ?

Interesting that Mickey says that players not picked for hundred games will be able to go back to counties and play in the one day cup this year.

Not sure how the logistics will work, but it's at least a step in the right direction. It was really irritating when du Plooy and Scrimshaw weren't even playing at the start of that competition, but we still couldn't use them.

17 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

I’m really looking forward to the new season,I think we’ll be really competitive in all forms.

As anybody any idea how many members we have for the upcoming season I believe we had the lowest membership last year at under 900. 

Hopefully, the excitement Mickey Arthur brings to the club keeps bringing success and more bums on seats.

18 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

I’m really looking forward to the new season,I think we’ll be really competitive in all forms.

As anybody any idea how many members we have for the upcoming season I believe we had the lowest membership last year at under 900. 

I am hopeful that we will be in the mix for promotion and also make it to at least the QF in the 20/20 ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The second friendly against Lancashire has been canceled, after the Notts friendly was moved to Trent Bridge due to an “excessively wet outfield” meaning the playing surface isn't ready. Hopefully, they get it sort in time for the season starting 😬

10 days before the season opener at home to Worcester.

On 27/03/2023 at 22:47, jimbo jones said:

The second friendly against Lancashire has been canceled, after the Notts friendly was moved to Trent Bridge due to an “excessively wet outfield” meaning the playing surface isn't ready. Hopefully, they get it sort in time for the season starting 😬

10 days before the season opener at home to Worcester.

Still hoping that the warm-up game against Durham University goes ahead this weekend. Belgian beer (and soup) on standby....

On 29/03/2023 at 10:58, Eddie said:

Still hoping that the warm-up game against Durham University goes ahead this weekend. Belgian beer (and soup) on standby....

Canceled as well 😟

Sounds like the ground staff have got a job on to get it ready for Worcester if it keeps raining.

On 29/03/2023 at 20:24, Rev said:

I'd guess they also weren't taken?

I seem to recall I caught 1 and dropped 2. I had a charcoal-fired hand-warmer in my pocket which helped a bit, but it was damned cold. The following year, we were scheduled to play a charity football match on Boxing Day. That was cancelled because of heavy snow, so we played the footy club at darts and drinking instead.

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Canceled as well 😟

Sounds like the ground staff have got a job on to get it ready for Worcester if it keeps raining.

Yes, the temperature hasn't helped either - not good drying weather. I haven't been able to get out to mow the lawns yet this Spring - and the grass is about 6 inches long already.

On 30/03/2023 at 21:18, Eddie said:

Yes, the temperature hasn't helped either - not good drying weather. I haven't been able to get out to mow the lawns yet this Spring - and the grass is about 6 inches long already.

Me too, hoping for a few ☀️ days 😁

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Here we go 😀

Strong 14-man squad for the opening game which starts tomorrow.

Looking at it, it will probably be one from Godleman and Reece to open with Haider Ali, unless they give the Pakistani more time to settle in, he only arrived recently.

Then Came and probably Aitchison miss out.

E69CB5E1-19CA-4C56-98AF-626B74D33161.jpeg

i think Came, Watt and Aitchison will miss out