Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

I know this is easy to say with the benefit of hindsight, but I was always worried about our bowling attack this season. Considering we often struggled to take the 20 wickets required to win games last season, I did wonder how many were so bombastic about our chances with only the addition of Chappell. This season has been one of the most toothless bowling attacks I can recall. What do people think of how the side is shaping up for next season? Who do you tip as leading wicket taker next year?

7 hours ago, Anon said:

I know this is easy to say with the benefit of hindsight, but I was always worried about our bowling attack this season. Considering we often struggled to take the 20 wickets required to win games last season, I did wonder how many were so bombastic about our chances with only the addition of Chappell. This season has been one of the most toothless bowling attacks I can recall. What do people think of how the side is shaping up for next season? Who do you tip as leading wicket taker next year?

I’d put my money on Mohammad Amir being leading wicket taker if he's here for the whole season.

We’ve been a bit unfortunate with the bowling attack this season. It felt a bit short to start with, but Lakmal never got going (again), Aitchison got injured, Conners got injured and has only recently started looking good again, Chappell’s been carrying an injury for a while, Lamb got injured and still can't bowl. The home pitch giving the bowlers absolutely nothing to work with doesn't help either. 

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I suppose Wood was the one that could have gone either way.

If no other county wants him I wouldn't be too surprised if we picked him back up for the T20 competition, especially if we have some injuries.

If I remember right, I think Thomson and Wagstaff are the two other players whose contracts are expiring. Perhaps a year contract incoming for both? Both worth keeping for depth I think.

48 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

If no other county wants him I wouldn't be too surprised if we picked him back up for the T20 competition, especially if we have some injuries.

If I remember right, I think Thomson and Wagstaff are the two other players whose contracts are expiring. Perhaps a year contract incoming for both? Both worth keeping for depth I think.

Think Thompson has done well and deserves a new contract.