Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

25 minutes ago, Sufferingfool said:

Hmm 🤔 The Who tonight at the County Ground 🌧️ 🌧️ 🌧️ groundsman is going to be happy hope it’s all well protected!

We're sitting in the car at the moment on the Racecourse sipping Tripel Karmeliet. Not moving for the next hour or so. Apparently the groundsman assured Radio Derby that the pitch/ground won't be damaged.

Confirmation that the Pat Brown rumour was true. 

Worcestershire fans consoling themselves that he's not found his 2019 form that saw an England call up in the T20’s in the last couple of seasons...or crying that their now losing players to little old Derbyshire 😂

After already losing Tongue and Pennington their bowling ranks are looking slim.

As for Brown, T20 is where he's made his name. He's only played a handful of first class and list a (not helped as he plays in the hundred) games. 

Turns 25 in August, strengthens the young group off bowlers - Conners, Aitchison, Potts.

IMG_2895.jpeg

47 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Confirmation that the Pat Brown rumour was true. 

Worcestershire fans consoling themselves that he's not found his 2019 form that saw an England call up in the T20’s in the last couple of seasons...or crying that their now losing players to little old Derbyshire 😂

After already losing Tongue and Pennington their bowling ranks are looking slim.

As for Brown, T20 is where he's made his name. He's only played a handful of first class and list a (not helped as he plays in the hundred) games. 

Turns 25 in August, strengthens the young group off bowlers - Conners, Aitchison, Potts.

IMG_2895.jpeg

Great signing if he stays fit. Hope that the others can kick on better than this season. 

56 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Great signing if he stays fit. Hope that the others can kick on better than this season. 

Yeah, really hoped for Conners particularly to kick on. Maybe he can from now if he stays fit.

Aitchison’s injury record is becoming a concern.

From the clubs press release about the Brown signing.....

“Brown will be available for all formats, as he joins an exciting stable of fast bowlers, including Sam Conners and Ben Aitchison, who claimed 70 first-class wickets between them in 2022, as well as 2023 leading T20 wicket-taker, Zak Chappell, and homegrown quick, Nick Potts.”

No mention of George Scrimshaw. I believe his contract is up at the end of the season 🤔

7 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

From the clubs press release about the Brown signing.....

“Brown will be available for all formats, as he joins an exciting stable of fast bowlers, including Sam Conners and Ben Aitchison, who claimed 70 first-class wickets between them in 2022, as well as 2023 leading T20 wicket-taker, Zak Chappell, and homegrown quick, Nick Potts.”

No mention of George Scrimshaw. I believe his contract is up at the end of the season 🤔

Peakfan was saying the budget can’t really cover players just playing in one format…shame if he does leave.

12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Peakfan was saying the budget can’t really cover players just playing in one format…shame if he does leave.

Yeah I read that. I don’t recall him getting injured last season, and he hasn’t this season so far, and that would be the only thing stopping him from playing red ball cricket. I think we saw enough last week to suggest he has the ability. Playing game after game is something he needs to prove he can do I guess. I just hope he gets the chance over the coming months. 

Two year extensions for both openers. Wasn’t sure if Reece would be staying but glad he is. Came was excellent in the T20’s when he came in, after a good start in the Championship his form has dipped, but he’s done enough for us to stick with him.

I did wonder when/if we’d start to see some extensions. Other than du Plooy and Scrimshaw the other players I believe to be out of contract at the end of the season….

Billy Godleman - Gone
Tom Wood - Re-sign
Alex Thomson - Re-sign
Mattie McKiernan - not sure
Mark Watt - not sure
Mitch Wagstaff -Re-sign
Archie Harrison - Re-sign

IMG_2901.jpeg

Agree this is positive news.

I really hope that we go all out to resign Du Plooy. I'm sure we are - and if he doesn't want to sign then so be it - but  imagine these new signings, Du Plooy staying, and potentially two new overseas players. 

I'm not sure on Haider Ali - I think we should really focus on the Championship next season and have a batter who is top four pedigree.

Lakmal has sadly disappointed for me and again. we could improve here if we want to but I'm not unhappy with the bowling options.

24 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Agree this is positive news.

I really hope that we go all out to resign Du Plooy. I'm sure we are - and if he doesn't want to sign then so be it - but  imagine these new signings, Du Plooy staying, and potentially two new overseas players. 

I'm not sure on Haider Ali - I think we should really focus on the Championship next season and have a batter who is top four pedigree.

Lakmal has sadly disappointed for me and again. we could improve here if we want to but I'm not unhappy with the bowling options.

If du Plooy was to stay I would be looking at 2 bowlers, one seam, one spin for the overseas. Even if he doesn’t I’d be tempted to do that. We need to be able to take wickets if we are going to start winning games, and we just haven’t looked capable this season.

I wouldn’t be upset if Haider came back again though, since dropping down the order in the championship that’s where we’ve seen the best of him. He looked really good against Yorkshire and Sussex.

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

In other news, Wayne Madsen is off to play in T20 World Cup qualifiers and will miss the Glamorgan.

Dont begrudge him trying to get to a World Cup.

Who is Madsen playing for?