Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

As well as just being great 😃 that win has given a massive boost to the net run rate, we now have the third best run rate in the group, which boosts our chances of sneaking in that top 4.

Who would have thought that 😁 When Du Plooy is on his game in this format there can be few better 🥳

8 hours ago, sage said:

I think we will need to win all of the last 4 games to make the quarters

Most likely, unless the weather starts to play a part.

Northants and Lancashire away this week, then finish with Leicestershire and Worcestershire at home. Hopefully we still have a chance going into the home games 🤞

For anyone who watches the coverage on youtube, do your eyes ever drift across to the live chat? I ask because during t20s it is genuinely some of the most unhinged and bizarre nonsense I've seen anywhere on the internet. For starters, every poster is near illiterate. All player names are spelled incorrectly and the grammar is so poor that it's often impossible to even parse what the commenter is attempting to convey. The reactionary nature of the comments would even make people in dcfc matchday threads blanch. A single dot ball inevitably means a batsman is useless and should never play again. One bad ball is often met with a chorus of posters claiming the game is fixed. Whilst we're on the topic of fixing, you get multiple posters claiming to have utterly absurd amounts of money invested on the result. Part of me wonders if many of them are bots because I struggle with the concept of human beings conversing like this.

20 minutes ago, Anon said:

For anyone who watches the coverage on youtube, do your eyes ever drift across to the live chat? I ask because during t20s it is genuinely some of the most unhinged and bizarre nonsense I've seen anywhere on the internet. For starters, every poster is near illiterate. All player names are spelled incorrectly and the grammar is so poor that it's often impossible to even parse what the commenter is attempting to convey. The reactionary nature of the comments would even make people in dcfc matchday threads blanch. A single dot ball inevitably means a batsman is useless and should never play again. One bad ball is often met with a chorus of posters claiming the game is fixed. Whilst we're on the topic of fixing, you get multiple posters claiming to have utterly absurd amounts of money invested on the result. Part of me wonders if many of them are bots because I struggle with the concept of human beings conversing like this.

Once, and you explained perfectly why I never have since 😂

25 minutes ago, Anon said:

Most seem to be Pakistani or Indians tuning in for their players and only seem to be invested in how they do.