Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

45 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Interesting words from du Plooy. Definitely the Mickey Arthur effect.

I wonder if du Plooy will carry on as captain? I would hope so, give him the 3 games as an audition for getting it permanent next season. I think Billy’s time as captain is up, he just needs to concentrate on his batting.

Sorry to say I did watch 10 minutes of it yesterday, saw a bit of Wayne's winning knock. What I didn't get was the engagement the fans attending had with the game. They were getting really excited. How does that work exactly? Who were they supporting and why? Really don't understand it......

17 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sorry to say I did watch 10 minutes of it yesterday, saw a bit of Wayne's winning knock. What I didn't get was the engagement the fans attending had with the game. They were getting really excited. How does that work exactly? Who were they supporting and why? Really don't understand it......

Me too. Maybe it's the garish colours, the flares, the band who looked as though they were on wacky backy, the ale...

23 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I had cricket withdrawal and watched a good chunk of the Trent Rockets/Welsh Fire game the other day. Wanted to be reminded of what du Plooy and Scrimshaw look like...

Anyway, it was terrible. Not helped by the OTT commentary, one point saying Scrimshaw will learn from playing the best players in the world in the hundred. I looked but couldnt find them, I just saw the same players he played in the T20 ?‍♂️

From what I can gather, the women version is literally all of the best players in the world, and has been a success for them. The men have multiple franchise tournament to choose from and the money isn't anything special for the real top players, and of course Indians aren't allowed to play in any of these tournaments. With the novelty wearing off, the few big names who did come have started pulling out and I don't think there will be much appetite to come over for the big names next year. To play in a weird format no one else plays. It already just looks like strong county teams with relatively average overseas players. Which is fine if that's what your billing it as, but with Sky determined to tell everyone its the best cricket you'll ever see its becoming a bit of a joke.

I saw Steve Harmison was saying it needs scrapping yesterday and if they really want a franchise tournament it has to be T20 cricket.

Trent Bridge also randomly let fire works off in the middle of an innings and the DJ always played music between the bowling changes for a bit too long. And don't get me started on those graphics ??

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

What they laughingly call the 'interval', like they have in Operas. Average age looked to be about 16. However, I did have the sound turned off, as we were killing time until Shetland started.

There was a fair bit of footie on the telly last night...I recorded Shetland.....hope Tosh survived.......

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Big Championship game on Monday v Durham, really need a win. Just thinking about the team? No Masood but the others are back. Maybe:

Billy Godleman

Luis Reece

Harry Came

Brooke Guest

Wayne Madsen

Leus Du Plooy (Capt)

Anuj Dal

Mattie McKiernan

Ben Aitchison

Sam Conners

George Scrimshaw

I thought we might bring Zak Chappell in on loan for the last 3 games, but no news of that happening. So I think that team almost picks itself.

15 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I thought we might bring Zak Chappell in on loan for the last 3 games, but no news of that happening. So I think that team almost picks itself.

I suppose the 2 questions are does Billy play or do you open with Reece and Came and bring Hughes in to the middle order? I take it we will go mainly with a pace attack-not sure if Watt is an option?

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I suppose the 2 questions are does Billy play or do you open with Reece and Came and bring Hughes in to the middle order? I take it we will go mainly with a pace attack-not sure if Watt is an option?

I'm think Billy will play, might be a case for him batting at 6. See if keeping him away from the new ball helps him. I certainly think Came should open in all of these last 3 games. Have a good look at him to see if he's the answer going forward.

Not sure about Watt either.

7 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Wayne Madsen will play in the final of the Hundred later. As much as otsa load of old rubbish. His career deserves a bit of glory.

But is that nonsense competition glory ? Maybe if we had had all our players available for the 50 over comp Derbyshire and Wayne may have shared some ? 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Added a bit