The Price of Football Podcast - Derby County in Administration

StapenhillRam

7 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So wont the administrators gather in what he owes the club for the stadium? My head hurts. The fact it is all so complicated was a real red flag. No wonder buyers scarpered

I was thinking the same. If Mel has bought the stadium for £80m then he will have to pay it. On the other hand how much is he owed, if anything, by DCFC. 

5 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

There is only 1 director of 202 who is......Mel Morris..... the company has assets of £81,109,332 (presumably the stadium) but liabilities of £81,112,031 presumably loans owed to MSD and loans from Mel himself, I could only see a balance sheet there was no trading statement.

The liabilities so far as we know are to Dell (loan) and to the club (deferred consideration for the stadium)

this is why it’s so daft to say Mel owns the stadium. He owns shares in a company that has no net assets,  and that company owns the stadium. Oh and he has pledged those shares to Dell. 

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I always understood he took a loan against the ground of 15 million?  If he pays the loan back in full and that on the training ground they would come back to his ownership.  If not why not .  Is this another cluster he's caused.

I thought the initial Dell loan was 30 but it’s been suggested they have now lent more. Yes, if Mel pays Dell off, it seems he then controls 202 and the stadium. But that’s a big if. And 202 still owes the club a lot in deferred sale proceeds for the stadium which has to be honoured before Mel can take value out  

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I was thinking the same. If Mel has bought the stadium for £80m then he will have to pay it. On the other hand how much is he owed, if anything, by DCFC. 

His personal investment in Derby since he took control in 2015 is now ‘more than £200million’, and despite that being money he will NEVER recover, he will continue to bankroll the club until ‘a new custodian for this great club’ is in place;

interview 6 months ago.  He never expects to get it back and he will continue to bankroll our great club apparently. 

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

His personal investment in Derby since he took control in 2015 is now ‘more than £200million’, and despite that being money he will NEVER recover, he will continue to bankroll the club until ‘a new custodian for this great club’ is in place;

interview 6 months ago.  He never expects to get it back and he will continue to bankroll our great club apparently. 

Is it personal investment as all .investment or personal investment as various loans,i don't know,just asking.There are that many other companies it gets confusing.

10 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Is it personal investment as all .investment or personal investment as various loans,i don't know,just asking.There are that many other companies it gets confusing.

I don't think anyone knows its so convoluted but a club with a revenue stream like ours should never be in this position, So much of his investment seems to be borrowed over the last 3 years, not personal investment and he basically wants to walk away,  Why he was spending 10 mililon on Bielik and  8 million quid on managers is anyone's guess. I would suggest he started going down this road adding money to the wage bill with promises of budget to Lampard.  When those players went on frees he lost interest and control.  As a minimum he should be clearing the tax liability - once again I'm not sure where this 26 million figure comes from, but if accurate he should clear it and give us a realistic chance to get a buyer.  That one could be the killer.

I am sick of this guy popping up. He feeds on our drama and misery to make his living. If he is such a financial genius who loves the game why isnt he working with clubs in financial difficulties as a troubleshooter sharing his wisdom? Sorry if I am harsh to him and I know we all have to make a living somehow but fed up with such people

On 22/09/2021 at 02:03, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I don't think anyone knows its so convoluted but a club with a revenue stream like ours should never be in this position, So much of his investment seems to be borrowed over the last 3 years, not personal investment and he basically wants to walk away,  Why he was spending 10 mililon on Bielik and  8 million quid on managers is anyone's guess. I would suggest he started going down this road adding money to the wage bill with promises of budget to Lampard.  When those players went on frees he lost interest and control.  As a minimum he should be clearing the tax liability - once again I'm not sure where this 26 million figure comes from, but if accurate he should clear it and give us a realistic chance to get a buyer.  That one could be the killer.

I think you are spot on with promises of budget to Lampard, Lampard was all set to become manager at Ipswich until he found there was no money in the pot for transfers and he asked "Uncle Arry" what he should do. The next thing MM is all over the back pages welcoming him to the club,no doubt MM guaranteeing him money to bring players in after "uncle arry" had convinced MM that signing him would put the club in the spotlight.