Siege mentality from Club needed

Curtains

48 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Let's get some big catapults to fire the players heads over the walls of pride park like they used to in proper sieges.... ?

That'll learn em. 

Or place them on the ground, put a goal in front of them and tell Tom Lawrence it’s a direct free kick. No need for catapult 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a valid point, it really is "us against the world" right now.

Like him or loathe him (and most are in the latter camp) but this was the one thing that King Billy got working brilliantly for us. When he was here he definitively got all the club standing together against everyone else.

Maybe Wazza should give him a call...?

A worthy debate. The British race has, throughout history, been at its finest when faced with seemingly insurmountable odds and with literally nothing to lose. 

A motivational session for these mainly young lads could work wonders. It's late, but perhaps continual technical speeches from Liam and attempts at "look what I achieved" from Wayne are not stirring the team.... 

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

A worthy debate. The British race has, throughout history, been at its finest when faced with seemingly insurmountable odds and with literally nothing to lose. 

A motivational session for these mainly young lads could work wonders. It's late, but perhaps continual technical speeches from Liam and attempts at "look what I achieved" from Wayne are not stirring the team.... 

and you really think that Rooney does that...? 

11 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

No idea. But he's supposedly in post because of his past achievements and he hasn't done his badges so what other content could be put into an address to the troops? 

Well, for instance he could use 20 years of what some of the greatest managers of all time have said to him and handled different situations.......maybe?

Sadly, with the exception of Shinnie, I don't believe any of the players are willing to fight for the cause. That to me is the major issue. I don't care who the manager is, if it is not in the players mentality it is nigh on impossible to instil it for more than a few games. Right now, all we can hope for is to play well and be lucky (for a change).

Archived