NFL 2021 Season

Day

1 hour ago, maydrakin said:

Bears linked with Russell Wilson, but might be getting Andy Dalton! ?

That's like getting up Christmas morning in anticipation of getting a PS5, then unwrapping an Atari 2600...

I read, somewhat surprised, that Wilson would be interested in Chicago.  I guess he's tired of running around like a blue-arsed fly, avoiding sacks every game.  Good for the highlight film, bad for the knees...

55 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

That's like getting up Christmas morning in anticipation of getting a PS5, then unwrapping an Atari 2600...

I read, somewhat surprised, that Wilson would be interested in Chicago.  I guess he's tired of running around like a blue-arsed fly, avoiding sacks every game.  Good for the highlight film, bad for the knees...

This is what I don’t get. Chicago’s o line is absolutely terrible, they almost got poor Nick Foles killed last season. Add to that they only have one weapon in Allen Robinson, who is reportedly refusing to sign his franchise tag. The idea never made sense to me, he’d be going to a worse situation.

13 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I'm glad we have a Bengals fan; they will be my second team (for a long while I imagine) as Joe Burrow led the college team I support to their (and some say college footballs) best ever season.

I love how you’re already searching for a second team, trying to find some connection now the Saints cap is starting to bite hard ?

7 hours ago, David said:

I love how you’re already searching for a second team, trying to find some connection now the Saints cap is starting to bite hard ?

Is it starting to bite hard? Doesn't seem like it. We've kept everyone I've wanted us to so far. If we let one of Lattimore and Ramczyk walk that'll be the sign.

With the Saints trading Malcolm Brown (it was reported last week we were gonna release him, so bonus picks!) we've snapped off $60m of cap without losing anyone of note; with the possible exception of Trey Hendrickson, but I think we'd have lost him in a normal year, anyway.

Edited by SaintRam

15 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Falcons have restructured Matty Ice's contract and are now officially $177k under the cap!

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

Falcons in the same situation as Steelers with Big Ben, when it’s time, it’s time. 

25 minutes ago, David said:

Falcons in the same situation as Steelers with Big Ben, when it’s time, it’s time. 

Ryan still has a good 3-4 years left at a decent level so I understand the move (being the easiest way to get under the cap). It does make it less likely that we'll take a QB with the 4th pick now though so I guess it'll just be a trade down ?.

12 hours ago, Carnero said:

Ryan still has a good 3-4 years left at a decent level so I understand the move (being the easiest way to get under the cap). It does make it less likely that we'll take a QB with the 4th pick now though so I guess it'll just be a trade down ?.

At this point, all options remain in the table, but I agree that QB isn’t the most pressing need.  However, would they potentially still take Lance, as a quality development project?

Could potentially draft a playmaker like Pitts or Chase, so we can move on from Hurst and Jones/Ridley and spend the cash elsewhere and maybe get some picks for next year...

13 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

At this point, all options remain in the table, but I agree that QB isn’t the most pressing need.  However, would they potentially still take Lance, as a quality development project?

Could potentially draft a playmaker like Pitts or Chase, so we can move on from Hurst and Jones/Ridley and spend the cash elsewhere and maybe get some picks for next year...

I'd love a splashy play like taking Pitts or Chase but as I understand it, it's pretty impossible for us to move on from Julio this year due to the dead cap that he carries so to take one of them would be a complete luxury with Julio & Ridley already on the roster. Do you watch The Falcoholic youtube videos? There is a pretty good explanation on there as to why moving on from Ryan & Julio this year was nigh on impossible.

I guess it all depends on how highly they view the QB's that are on the board at 4 doesn't it, if they REALLY like Justin Fields/Trey Lance then they have to take him as it's unlikely we'll get such a high draft pick again in the near future.

I think it'll probably be a trade down with Denver at 9... if Fields or Lance is still there at 9 then great! Though the restructure suggests to me that we now plan on running Ryan's contract out for the next 3 years.

Defense is our most pressing need though isn't it!!!