NFL 2021 Season

David

On 17/03/2021 at 11:49, Carnero said:

I'd love a splashy play like taking Pitts or Chase but as I understand it, it's pretty impossible for us to move on from Julio this year due to the dead cap that he carries so to take one of them would be a complete luxury with Julio & Ridley already on the roster. Do you watch The Falcoholic youtube videos? There is a pretty good explanation on there as to why moving on from Ryan & Julio this year was nigh on impossible.

I guess it all depends on how highly they view the QB's that are on the board at 4 doesn't it, if they REALLY like Justin Fields/Trey Lance then they have to take him as it's unlikely we'll get such a high draft pick again in the near future.

I think it'll probably be a trade down with Denver at 9... if Fields or Lance is still there at 9 then great! Though the restructure suggests to me that we now plan on running Ryan's contract out for the next 3 years.

Defense is our most pressing need though isn't it!!!

Defense?  You mean we need a Defense? ?

Might need a bit of depth here and there! (The secondary is bare, beyond Terrell)

I was thinking that later in the season, if we’re going nowhere, someone might take a punt on Jones, and we might as well bite the bullet and take the cap hit.

With Ridley, he’s going to want a bumper pay day, and the question is whether we trade now and build for the future.

I was hoping that we wouldn’t extend Jones and Ryan, not because I don’t rate them, but they eat so much of the cap, that we can’t be competitive everywhere. However, appreciate the restructure is inevitable...

Kinda feel bad for AD, he's getting some stick with those other clowns when he definitely doesn't deserve it. Unlike the other 3, he's actually been a franchise QB (With a whole host of franchise records (good ones!) for the Bengals too). Play offs, winning seasons, numerous full seasons played... he's in a completely different league. 

Bears fans might be outraged because the talk has been Watson and Wilson but he's solid enough if they just need to get through this season. 

No bad words spoken about the Red Rifle on here please. ?

37 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Kinda feel bad for AD, he's getting some stick with those other clowns when he definitely doesn't deserve it. Unlike the other 3, he's actually been a franchise QB (With a whole host of franchise records (good ones!) for the Bengals too). Play offs, winning seasons, numerous full seasons played... he's in a completely different league. 

Bears fans might be outraged because the talk has been Watson and Wilson but he's solid enough if they just need to get through this season. 

No bad words spoken about the Red Rifle on here please. ?

Yeah, it’s the fact they were convinced they were getting Wilson that’s the funny bit. Dalton is a steady QB, but now he plays for the Bears he gets nothing but bad words from me ?

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

he’s there other good one, though he had the luxury of playing with the Bears defence of the 80s.

Sid Luckman is the top 1

80s was my era. In the days when the only coverage was C4, with a Sunday highlights program fronted by Nicky Horne and John Smith. Plus the superbowl. 

It was the Bears who blew the patriots away in one superbowl.... Jim mcmahon and William "the fridge" Perry to flop over from 2 yards out. 

15 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Juju going back to the Steelers with his tail between his legs, because no-one else wants to give him any money.

Nice try ?

Turned down Ravens and Chiefs, when asked about Viking’s his response was, who are they?

15 minutes ago, David said:

Nice try ?

Turned down Ravens and Chiefs, when asked about Viking’s his response was, who are they?

Turned down the chiefs makes me chuckle, obviously when they said you’re only good enough to be wr4 he wasn’t very happy. That’s about the spot he’d get at the Vikings as well. Guess he’s happy being wr3 on the Steelers, he’ll get plenty of the ball when old Ben can’t throw the ball more than 20 yards soon enough.

I don't really get the hype me. He's obviously not a terrible player but I'm not on the hype train. The dancing thing is annoying. The video's of him being chased around various NFL stadia from Defensive linemen make it worth while though.

10 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I don't really get the hype me. He's obviously not a terrible player but I'm not on the hype train. The dancing thing is annoying. The video's of him being chased around various NFL stadia from Defensive linemen make it worth while though.

He’s WR2 slot guy