NFL 2021 Season

Day

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Hopefully he doesn't "do a Bielik" having come back from his knee injury.......

I'm hoping for an 8-8 season - which would be some improvement on the 4-11-1 of last season, but not enough to threaten a post season place. Must admit tho i haven't seen their schedule yet or who they have drafted....

8-8 is definitely a step forward.

I know AFC north play NFC north this season, so Vikings (at Cincinati), Packers, Bears & Lions will be on the schedule.

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Be interesting to see what the money is. I’d expect them to draft a qb with this move. Maybe you can squeeze one more good year out of Cam, but I doubt much more than that.

Didn’t get a good one last year, looked like he had given up football for a career on the catwalk. 

Just now, David said:

Didn’t get a good one last year, looked like he had given up football for a career on the catwalk. 

That’s why I said maybe ? considering their top target was supposed to be Jimmy G, if the deal is fairly cheap, they’re probably better off with Cam and a rookie.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

What you gonna do without brees? 

We've been playing without Brees a lot these past two years - not worried. He's obviously a true great and a legend in NOLA but in truth he probably stuck around one year too many. 

I'd expect Jameis to be our starter next year; there's still chatter about us continuing interest in Russell Wilson but I struggle to see how that would come to pass. 
I'm not unhappy about Jameis; he's an entertaining QB; we have a lot of talent around the QB and this current team is very rare (some might say unique) in the Saints history in that the defensive unit is actually superior to the offensive side.

My Wizard-y gif was remarking at the troll fake-ish contract we've given to Taysom Hill to reduce our cap hit. I fully expect him to be a free agent come the end of this coming season.

Edited by SaintRam

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

We've been playing without Brees a lot these past two years - not worried. He's obviously a true great and a legend in NOLA but in truth he probably stuck around one year too many. 

I'd expect Jameis to be our starter next year; there's still chatter about us continuing interest in Russell Wilson but I struggle to see how that would come to pass. 
I'm not unhappy about Jameis; he's an entertaining QB; we have a lot of talent around the QB and this current team is very rare (some might say unique) in the Saints history in that the defensive unit is actually superior to the offensive side.

My Wizard-y gif was remarking at the troll fake-ish contract we've given to Taysom Hill to reduce our cap hit. I fully expect him to be a free agent come the end of this coming season.

Hill’s contract made me chuckle when I saw it. Here’s lots of money....but not really.

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Well, Free Agency has properly started ? The rumour train is at full speed, we’ve been linked with some fairly big moves, and have restructured Anthony Barr to create even more cap space.

How are you expected to track how much cap space your team has........my newly adopted mob are claiming they have room to be flexible and have put 22 on unrestricted free agency,  but I can't find anywhere any indication of what financial slack they have to work with.....

27 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

How are you expected to track how much cap space your team has........my newly adopted mob are claiming they have room to be flexible and have put 22 on unrestricted free agency,  but I can't find anywhere any indication of what financial slack they have to work with.....

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cincinnati-bengals/

14 minutes ago, Carnero said:

That handy tool helps to put a lot of context on some of the discussions on here. 

The Rams look really stuffed in the short term and the Giants look really badly managed in terms of overspending and being really carp. 

One could say they're the Dcfc of the Nfl.... ?

56 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm glad we have a Bengals fan; they will be my second team (for a long while I imagine) as Joe Burrow led the college team I support to their (and some say college footballs) best ever season.